• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tryinhard

40 Cal.
Reaction score
50 cal T/C Hawken. Barrel is pitted but I believe it will shoot ok. Dark cherry type finish on the stock.

I'm asking $200. Buyer pays actual shipping via UPS or USPS whichever you prefer.

What condition is the wood, lock and trigger in? Are the other brass components okay? Wood in good shape?

A couple of questions?

Is this a percussion or a flintlock rifle?

When you say the barrel is "pitted", what are we talking about?

I've seen barrels that have some slight discolorations and slightly rough areas in them that could be called "pitted" but they still are excellent shooters. I own one like this and it shoots very small size groups with patched balls and it is easy to clean.

Then, I've seen "pitted" barrels with very rough places in them, some of them with actual craters in a few places. Guns like this usually end up tearing the cloth patch on the ball and shoot rather poorly.

IMO, even if the barrel has a rough, cratered barrel, your offering is still a good price.

What condition is the wood, lock and trigger in? Are the other brass components okay? Wood in good shape?
20190408_154627.jpg 20190408_154601.jpg

A couple of questions?

Is this a percussion or a flintlock rifle?

When you say the barrel is "pitted", what are we talking about?

I've seen barrels that have some slight discolorations and slightly rough areas in them that could be called "pitted" but they still are excellent shooters. I own one like this and it shoots very small size groups with patched balls and it is easy to clean.

Then, I've seen "pitted" barrels with very rough places in them, some of them with actual craters in a few places. Guns like this usually end up tearing the cloth patch on the ball and shoot rather poorly.

IMO, even if the barrel has a rough, cratered barrel, your offering is still a good price.

When I got the rifle the barrel was pretty rusty. I scrubbed it & when I run a dry patch down the barrel it comes out a little fuzzed. If I had some .490 balls I'd shoot it so I could tell you how it shoots but I believe it will shoot 50 yards with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back