• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

"Hawken" style parts sources???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bptactical

Not a Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy all,
Staring to get the parts together for another build, going for a percussion early style J&S halfstock. Barrel will be a Rice .54 34" 1 1/8 to 1" taper with hooked breech.
Planning on the L&R lock and either L&R or Davis triggers.
Talking to Pecatoncia regarding whittling up a walnut stock for me.
I know Don Stith is the resource recommended by many here but I also understand he is facing some health issues and don't want to bug him.
My question to the learned here is this-
What are my best resources for earlier style iron furniture that are reasonably accurate? I know that nothing is perfect and they will require some tweaking here and there but I also don't want to have to re invent the wheel to get something to look & work correctly.
If you have part numbers that would be great.
Thank you in advance.

If I was to do another I would try the Hawken shop in Washington state. I have no experience with them.

Back