• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hawken Pronunciation/spelling fun!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I works, I works hard. When I sits, I sits loose. When I thinks, I falls asleep.
This thread kinda reminds me of the above statement.

Here's one that drives some people crazy, "irregardless". The interesting thing is that it's a word, we typically simply use it incorrectly. It's usage is to shut down any further discussion, the nuclear version of regardless.

If we were engaging in conversation in person, I would have to pay heed to both my enunciation and pronunciation in the presence of this distinguished group of linguists.

If we were engaging in conversation in person, I would have to pay heed to both my enunciation and pronunciation in the presence of this distinguished group of linguists.
I'm persuaded as to an unspecified sample of the denizens of this illustrious venue boasting a talented tongue.

Get your mind out of the gutter, we're referencing those who are sesquipedalian. :thumb:

I have to closely watch my use of the English language in the presence of my spouse, elsewise I find myself being corrected. I advised her she missed her calling and should have sought employment as a Constable at the Department of Corrections.

Attachments

• grammar-police-to-serve-and-correct 2.png
    grammar-police-to-serve-and-correct 2.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 108
I have to closely watch my use of the English language in the presence of my spouse, elsewise I find myself being corrected. I advised her she missed her calling and should have sought employment as a Constable at the Department of Corrections.
I grew up calling pillows, pellows. Would drive my wife nuts everytime I said that, "there's no E in pillow!" :)

"My Hawken kicks like the flat of an axe swung by a seven foot swede". Six whitetails with seven shots and I have a dang good excuse for that miss!

Another confusing term for many outside of Pennsylvania is "Pennsylvania Dutch" who aren't Dutch at all. They're German and English speaking peoples had a hard time pronouncing Deutsch or Deitsch as the German immigrants called themselves at the time.
Actual Germans call themselves Deutsch to this day. After all, they live in Deutschland. I’m nearly 100% Dutch from Friesland and we don’t appreciate folks calling Germans Dutch...

Hahaha

What a bunch of cunning linguists!

The ones that get me are using advice instead of advise.

Back