• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken Pronunciation/spelling fun!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another confusing term for many outside of Pennsylvania is "Pennsylvania Dutch" who aren't Dutch at all. They're German and English speaking peoples had a hard time pronouncing Deutsch or Deitsch as the German immigrants called themselves at the time.

1 person = y'all; 2-5 people = all y'all; 6+ =
If the plural of goose is geese, then why isn't the plural of moose meese? The plural of mouse is mice and the plural of louse is lice, yet the plural of house is not hice, and the plural of blouse is not blice. This whole "English" thing just don't make no kinda sense! 😄

Oh, and as a native Arizonan, don't even get me started on the "cactuses" thing. It's "cacti," dammit! :thumb:
I've never seen a cacti dammit, but I've seen a beaver dammit :rolleyes:

Another one.... this genius says his wife and daughter want a chandelier. He says,” them things are expensive as hell! Besides, you don’t know how to play one anyway “......

I’m not kidding! He actually said these things! One day, he told us he had a hamburger with” chromosome “ cheese on it!

In reading the literature of the early to mid 19th century, a lot of the owners of Hawken rifles, and people well acquainted with the rifles, called them "Hawkins" rifles. These were fellows literate enough to write their memoirs, and their rifles undoubtedly had HAWKEN stamped on the top flat of the barrel.

If the plural of goose is geese, then why isn't the plural of moose meese? The plural of mouse is mice and the plural of louse is lice, yet the plural of house is not hice, and the plural of blouse is not blice. This whole "English" thing just don't make no kinda sense! 😄

Oh, and as a native Arizonan, don't even get me started on the "cactuses" thing. It's "cacti," dammit! :thumb:
I set a live trap in my garden last spring, and caught two possa... Mother and baby:

Possa.JPG

I carried 'em off a mile or two and released them in the woods, alive and well, far enough away that I did not expect them back in my garden. They eat ticks, which makes them worthy of salvation, in my opinion.

Notchy Bob

I set a live trap in my garden last spring, and caught two possa... Mother and baby:

A guy who used to work at a local unmentionables shop once said to me (after they'd received a new shipment of unmentionables from Brazil), "We just got a bunch of Tauri in the other day." I knew at once he was a man after my own heart, and we are still good friends to this day. 😄

Back