• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CLOSED Hawken or Plains Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missoula1842

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings,
In search of a good, historically accurate plains rifle or Hawken with period correct sights. Would prefer Austin and Halleck, Ozark Mountain etc, in either 50 or 54 cal.
Sam Dolan

Bushfire

🇦🇺 Australia
Reaction score
I think the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken is a fairly accurate representation and great shooters.

I have one I'm looking to sell but alas we're too far apart.

Reaction score
I have three of this style that I would consider selling if you are interested PM me.
1. Lyman Great Plains Rifle: .54cal, 2015 build date, flintlock, brown steel, excellent possibly unfired condition
2. Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle: .50 percussion, iron mounted, great shooter, some use marks.
3. CVA BIg Bore Mountain Rifle: .58 percussion, deserves to be refinished.

Missoula1842

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have three of this style that I would consider selling if you are interested PM me.
1. Lyman Great Plains Rifle: .54cal, 2015 build date, flintlock, brown steel, excellent possibly unfired condition
2. Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle: .50 percussion, iron mounted, great shooter, some use marks.
3. CVA BIg Bore Mountain Rifle: .58 percussion, deserves to be refinished.
Could I see pics of the Jonathan Browning?

Reaction score
I have made some CVA Mountain Rifles look really nice by making the comb steeper. Does not really weaken wrist and improves looks considerably.

Missoula1842

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Thanks for all the responses. I managed to secure a rifle this morning. This thread can be closed. Much obliged!
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.