• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED Hawken or Plains Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missoula1842

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings,
In search of a good, historically accurate plains rifle or Hawken with period correct sights. Would prefer Austin and Halleck, Ozark Mountain etc, in either 50 or 54 cal.
Sam Dolan

I think the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken is a fairly accurate representation and great shooters.

I have one I'm looking to sell but alas we're too far apart.

I have three of this style that I would consider selling if you are interested PM me.
1. Lyman Great Plains Rifle: .54cal, 2015 build date, flintlock, brown steel, excellent possibly unfired condition
2. Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle: .50 percussion, iron mounted, great shooter, some use marks.
3. CVA BIg Bore Mountain Rifle: .58 percussion, deserves to be refinished.

I have three of this style that I would consider selling if you are interested PM me.
1. Lyman Great Plains Rifle: .54cal, 2015 build date, flintlock, brown steel, excellent possibly unfired condition
2. Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle: .50 percussion, iron mounted, great shooter, some use marks.
3. CVA BIg Bore Mountain Rifle: .58 percussion, deserves to be refinished.
Could I see pics of the Jonathan Browning?

I have made some CVA Mountain Rifles look really nice by making the comb steeper. Does not really weaken wrist and improves looks considerably.

Hi Folks,
Thanks for all the responses. I managed to secure a rifle this morning. This thread can be closed. Much obliged!
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back