Hawken from #11 nipple to musket caps...

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

poker

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It may not be perfectly centered on an 11, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t set that 11 off perfectly, every time.

tc45dave

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I use a musket nipple on my Investarms Hawken. I shoot RWS and Schuetzen caps. No problem with hammer alignment.

Silent Walker

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I have 6x 75mm threads for the #11 nipple, been looking for a musket nipple since the CCI #11 are not firing on first hammer strike... a bit frustrating... I've tried the Hot Shot nipple with the same results.

SmokepoleSam

40 Cal
Reaction score
Is the cap all the way down on the nipple? Does it fire on the second try? If it does then the nipple cone is slightly to large and you can file it to fit by putting the nipple in a drill and using a fine file against the side of the cone and trying a cap on it until it fits. Nipple sizes are not uniform. This is a minor problem and not unusual.

Grenadier1758

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have 6x 75mm threads for the #11 nipple, been looking for a musket nipple since the CCI #11 are not firing on first hammer strike... a bit frustrating... I've tried the Hot Shot nipple with the same results.
Something is not right with your CCI #11 caps. I haven't that kind of problem with CCI #11 caps and they are one of the favorite brand of caps at the gun club. What rifle are you shooting? Do you have a soft mainspring? Make a thin wooden wedge to insert between the leaves of the mainspring to increase the snap of the mainspring.

Track of the Wolf has the 6 x 0.75 threaded nipples for the musket cap. RLP-MS
Nipples - Track of the Wolf

Silent Walker

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Something is not right with your CCI #11 caps. I haven't that kind of problem with CCI #11 caps and they are one of the favorite brand of caps at the gun club. What rifle are you shooting? Do you have a soft mainspring? Make a thin wooden wedge to insert between the leaves of the mainspring to increase the snap of the mainspring.

Track of the Wolf has the 6 x 0.75 threaded nipples for the musket cap. RLP-MS
Nipples - Track of the Wolf
We've had other members using CCI #11 caps in our club, same issue with theirs as well. I will try and to a slow spin in the drill head motor against some sand paper.... report back on this. Thanks for the Track of the Wolf information... breezed over that before, found it this time.

Last edited:

Latest posts