• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hawken Classic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy howdy... I would love to attend this frolic. It would be a long drive from Florida, but if I bring a rifle, driving would be the best way for me to get there. I don't know if the lady of the house will let me go. I sure would like to.

Notchy Bob
Hope you get to be there, I'll be at campsite #28 and
Grenadier1758 will be a #84.

I am not sure, but I think... there are 2 different camp sites those of us that wanna play cowboys and indians and those that don't. But everyone can shoot... I think.

RM
There are two different sites one is for the vendors and the other for us regular folk.

If you go, be sure to visit the burial spot for Daniel and Rebeca, it is just down the road.

In 1845 the good people of KY thought that knew better then the Boone's and went to MO and dug them up and carted what they could get back to KY. SO, both places claim to be the burial spots.

The burial spot in Frankfort KY is on a bluff over looking the river and it is a beautiful spot.

Fleener

If you go, be sure to visit the burial spot for Daniel and Rebeca, it is just down the road.

In 1845 the good people of KY thought that knew better then the Boone's and went to MO and dug them up and carted what they could get back to KY. SO, both places claim to be the burial spots.

The burial spot in Frankfort KY is on a bluff over looking the river and it is a beautiful spot.

Fleener
I've been to the place before. I'm a descendant like half the other people in Missouri. Really is a great place to visit, descendant or not.

So is the shooting range for this right close to the house itself or is it in an other area.
It is on site near the house. The attached file shows the property. They created a village of log cabins moved onto the property from around the area.

Attachments

• 9A7413C6-E2D7-406B-A0A4-B80348A75CFC.jpeg
    9A7413C6-E2D7-406B-A0A4-B80348A75CFC.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 47
Boy howdy... I would love to attend this frolic. It would be a long drive from Florida, but if I bring a rifle, driving would be the best way for me to get there. I don't know if the lady of the house will let me go. I sure would like to.

Notchy Bob
There are people traveling from all over the country. You will see more original Hawken and other rifles than you probably will anywhere else. We will make it worth the drive!

Just to set up a camp, a walkabout is free. The site will close at 4:00 PM to visitors and you would need to register to stay past that point. registration is free also.
Registration is required for all camps, vendors and volunteers. We are pre-assigning the campsites and want to make sure everyone has a spot. If your only visiting during the day, you do NOT need to register.

I am a descendant as well. manure, does that mean I am related to half the people in MO???!!!!

Coming home in Sept. from out East we drove to the actual fort site, only to find the place closed for months while they are revamping the whole park it looked like. Luckily they did not have any armed guards posted.

Fleener

Back