• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawk Throw!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro: "Should we try and do some more different kinds of stuff?"
You bet. This is a nice idea. What else do ya have in mind?
Knife throw?
Golf ball mortar shoot? (Kinda like horseshoes or Bocce 'cept ya gotta have a GB mortar.)
Pete

Bakeoven Bill said:
One throw. The tomahawk blade must "stick" in the target.

Is that one throw or one stick? If its one throw then I might as well give up now. It takes me a half dozen warm ups before I even hit the block. Getting it to stick in the block is gonna take even longer. Then there's the problem of hitting the paper.

The concept was to only have one cut in the target from the tomahawk, if there were more then it would be obvious that there was more than one throw made...

We cannot control how may times a person tries, I guess someone could run through a ream of paper until they get their best stick, but then they would be left with 499 pages of printer paper with slices in them and would have to answer to the Mrs. when she found out. :haha:

Now you've done it Swamp Rat. Now if they sharpen it there WILL be blood on the paper. :rotf: :hatsoff: Shouldn't tell these guys things like that, they could hurt themselves. :thumbsup:
See ya, Jim/OH :haha: :haha:

I figured I better say somethin....all I could see was RC gettin frustrated which would look and sound somethin like Curly after a few bouncing tomahawks. :rotf:

Curlyrc.jpg

O.k. only only one cut in the paper. Smash marks, dirt, grass stains tears and blood are O.k. and possibly even encouraged for purposes of DNA analysis.

Took my throw today. Put up a new round in the backyard. Got zeroed in. Stapled the paper to the target and threw my hawk clean over the round. :shocked2: Took another throw and hit the edge of the paper. :hmm:

Pulled the paper and the next two throws were right in the center. Oh well, I'll send my target tomorrow. GW

I finally took my throw today, just as the rain started. It was perfectly square in the middle of my round. Unfortunately, my paper was stapled off to one side. :rotf: At least this contest got me out throwin' and practicin'. :thumbsup: Heck, just havin' a round to throw at for practice is a step in the right direction. I feel there are no more places to throw at my neighbor's tree. You be the judge.
treeAx0307.jpg

Just remember the one cut rule Swampy. I ain't sure Gomer could do just one stick... :hmm: :haha:

Anybody that still wants to play better git 'er done! Time's gettin' short. Remember to get them targets postmarked by January 2!
I already got a few. A couple more should be coming soon. Good Luck! :hatsoff:

The contest ends December 31st. All entries must be postmarked by January 2, 2009 and received by January 10, 2009 to be eligible.

Now all we need to do is wait for the winner to be anounced. :thumbsup:

Back