• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hawk n Rifle, February 2017

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my defense, I trashed my knee a few weeks ago, and cant stand well enough to shoot, let alone throw a hawk right now. Might have to have the sucker replaced this spring

Jethro
I like the partner shoot.
If you do another one I hope its one that can be shot with a trade gun as that's all I have any more.
Best regards
Hermit

Tallswife said:
In my defense, I trashed my knee a few weeks ago, and cant stand well enough to shoot, let alone throw a hawk right now. Might have to have the sucker replaced this spring

Ouch! Hope you heal up soon.

Hermit said:
Jethro
I like the partner shoot.
If you do another one I hope its one that can be shot with a trade gun as that's all I have any more.
Best regards
Hermit

Hermit,
Trade guns are always welcome to shoot in the rifle or smoothbore matches. But you can't use a rifle in the smoothbore matches.
More than once I've seen a good man or woman with a trade gun win a rifle match. :thumbsup:

:hmm: That gives me an idea for a little twist on a partner shoot.
Maybe one partner shoots smoothbore and the other shoots rifle?

Call it brave, reckless or just plain foolishness but I have been thinking about asking sometime in the next month or so when we will see the February scores. Just a wild and crazy guy... :youcrazy: :rotf:

:slap: :slap: :slap:
It ain't the 10th yet.

:hmm: I'm beginning to think you're just messin' with me. :haha:

OK [strike]Dave[/strike] folks, here's the results.

The top two totals were really close on this one. Less than a half-inch of difference.

In first place is Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell with a total of 10.166" :hatsoff:

2nd place goes to Ames with 10.530" total.

3rd is 58caliber with 16.239".

And Hermit came in 4th with 26.606"
Now, I gotta say that Hermit shot a pretty darn nice group right near the center of the target with his trade gun. I think he mighta forgot to aim at the corners...

Good shootin' guys. :thumbsup:
I hope you all had fun dustin' off them hawks.

P.S. Thanks for the timely results....sorry just couldn't resist--character fault

Yep, I know. :haha:
I figger you probably look forward to razzing me about posting the results at least as much as you look forward to the next contest.

Maven said:
Congratulations to all! :hatsoff: Sorry I couldn't participate in this one, but maybe the next contest and certainly the May one.

We'll wait for ya. Soon as you're done soakin' up all that FL sunshine....

For sure. Up here in Owego we have 12 inches all ready and it is just started. They told us 1"to 3" by dawn and at dawn we had 10". Time to get out and play in the snow....

Dave

You're right, Ames. Got an email ~ 1hr. ago saying Kingston is really getting slammed. :( (Some of our biggest snowfalls occur in March btw, but the good news is they melt away quickly!) The only good thing about it is it will replenish our reservoirs so we won't have to continually hear about water shortages in September.

Back