• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Having GPR .50 cal reworked by Bobby Hoyt!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My assumption, good or bad, is that Bobby Hoyt knows what he can and can not do with my barrel. His reputation is stellar so I am not concerned.
I wish he could do like in the 18th Century, get an Apprentice for 8 years to learn the trade. I did read he has a niece that's learning? Or, like Gepetto, he could make a wooden apprentice to live in the shop! :) The ML community really needs this guy!

I wish he could do like in the 18th Century, get an Apprentice for 8 years to learn the trade. I did read he has a niece that's learning? Or, like Gepetto, he could make a wooden apprentice to live in the shop! :) The ML community really needs this guy!
Yes, there are few and far between that have dedicatd the time & effort to Ml's. There are others who can do the work, but they can be pricey. Brad Emig of Cabin Creek ML's in Hallem, PA is one. He can make anything including barrels from scratch, but he's not cheap. Of course you could always try one of the House brothers like Frank House. Again, not cheeap.

I believe 196
Yes, my rib is screwed on and I sent it that way. I asked to have the rib cut and drilled to match the new barrel length. I have an orig Lyman/Investarms GPR capper from 1999 and the rib is screwed on I have never heard of a GPR that did not have the rib screwed on? What year is yours?
I believe 1986 serial number AE 252XXX

I have 2 other rifles rebored from 45 t0 50 by Mr Hoyt 1-56 Allen Martin and Cabin Creek (Brads yorktown)
DSC03626.JPG
DSC03618.JPG
IMG_0592[6931].jpg
IMG_0594.jpg
DSC03384.JPG

Back