• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Have you seen the sasquatch mountain man show?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squib load

40 Cal.
Reaction score
On friday night at 7 30 on the outdoor channel there was a show about a 6ft 7in mountain man in the rocky mountains.The first show he was hunting elk with a homemade long bow.He would call up the bull elk with a call he made.I want to see the type of rifle he uses.squib

i watched one or two of the shows, on one he killed a coyote and cooked it in a stew, i feel a little queezy just thinkin on it.

creek

Last season or two he took a shot at a bear and had a misfire but was able to cap it again and fire. In another he wounded an Elk or large deer and never saw it again, there was only one little drop of blood, maybe it skinned itself running through brush. There was a cool one where he was stalking a nice buck on an island and it swam away.

The show would really improve without the endless recaps of recaps.

I thought he needed to learn to maintain the rifle better so it would function properly. :shake: I don't think he would ever get a flinter to fire. Still it's good to see a show with a side lock being used. :thumbsup:

I saw the show where is first shot at the was a misfire. What he did next made me think he is only a mountain man :td: in his mind. He reaches into his possible bag and retrieve a canister of percusion caps. He had to open the canister, fish out a new cap, close the canister, place it back in his possible bag and then put the cap on the nipple. Enough time for the bear to eat his a$$. His second try, the rifle fires and the bear goes down. He preceded to take his time reloading, No powder horn for him, but a nice brand new looking brass flask. He measure out his powder, pour in the powder, then wet a patch and seat a ball. I say it takes him 2 minutes to reload. If I was going to hunt bear, I would be sure I was able to reload fast, like I do deer hunting. Paper cartidges, loading block w/ greased patches and ball, easy accessible ball started and good ramrod, and a inline capper or priming horn/ or flask hanging round my neck.

On one episode he shot a puma sitting in the tree. I don't remember exactly but I think it took only one arrow to get this cat down. Pretty scary stuff.

My Woman made me change the channel before I burst an artery. This actor's only qualification for the role is his "Sasquatch" size. Any kid on my YHEC team would clean his clock in the muzzleloading department.

Latest posts

Back