• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hatfield .50cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate the input guys. This one is going to be a pass for me.
I have a Hatfield, not well cleaned by previous owner. Took time to get barrel as clean as possible. Action works great and it is a tack driver. Hatfield/Pedersoli have an antechamber at the breech. Once you learn how to clean this, your in business. If you can get it for $400 or less, buy it and put in one screw.

I agree on the price as is. Trigger guard is correct and looks to be missing the rear screw. It does appear that there was an attempt to remove the breech plug without first removing the nipple drum.

This is a good one to pass up! It's a later Italian made model (barrel), not the proper, or I should say not the correct stock trigger assy. It also has the fake brown on the barrel along with other stampings that were added later on and like another eluded to it has the long breech plug that the drum is threaded into (a real pain)! Pass it up unless you can get it for a couple hundred! I have a very early model before they cheapened them and I converted it to flint. It has a rust browned finish and a flat faced breech plug. They were nice rifles if not adulterated too much so if you could get the original trigger and the plug and drum are not damaged then 500 would be an OK price.

Back