• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hate to do it, but here goes.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless you Sam. I too, have had a couple of strokes, triple by-pass surgery and caught Covid-19 while in the hospital for it. Just sitting here typing, I can't really tell that there was anything wrong with me, thankfully. I'm currently in the process of putting together a Kibler SMR, but my wife keeps telling me I can't go hunting anymore. Hang in there, I'll also be praying for you and yours.

>> Jan <<

May the Lord bless you Sam.
I once knew a fellow who had everything going for him when suddenly he was hit with a stroke. With much prayers from his friends, a good and supportive wife, and a strong will he is back up and keeping up with the the younger fellows.
Keep faith and never give up

Well folks after a long good run with traditional ML rifles, I am selling all mine off except 2, which I will gift to some younger folks. I have been fortunate to win 2 KY Bluegrass games and a 2nd in the three times I have shot the match. I have medaled 32 times in NMLRA matches at Friendship and other matches. 3 years ago I had a hip replaced, 3 weeks later i had to have it redone, due to MRSA infection. 5 weeks later the doc gave me the goahead to start therapy. The next morning I fell out of bed when I tried to get up, with a severe stroke, laid there unable to move for 5 1/2 hours. Finally got the left side of my body working and crawled to a phone and called my wife who came home with an ambulance, got me to the hospital, 15 minutes later I had the second stroke, a hour later I had the 3rd stroke. Left my right side mostly paralyzed, and I cant stand or walk without 2 forearm crutches. I have went to therapy, did everything the docs wanted me to, but I am going downhill, and the wife and I decided to get rid of a lot of things I can no longer do, even selling off our entire cow herd. I will be posting some ML rifles for sale on here, and will gladly send pics to your email or PH#. Please, no negative comments, That was all I got the last 3 times I advertised a rifle on here, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from the fellers I have traded with. Also If I can get someone to post pics I will be happy to do so. I am computer challenged before I had the strokes, even moreso now. It has taken me about 40 minutes to type this short message, due to my having to hunt and peck and messing up a lot due to the impairment. Also, I want to add one more thing. I will be donating a rifle to the forum, to auction off, I can do this anytime you all wish, Moderators pm me on how to go about doing so. Thanks, Sam Koger
Sorry to hear about your health Sam. I wish you all the best brother. Sounds like you have a great collection, with great stories attached to all of them. That's the important stuff, the stories. You gotta write some of that stuff down when you feel better.
Neil

I'm so sorry, but you are approaching the situation correctly. I'm a grave digger for the county cemetery. I can't tell you how many times people say I wish the person would have told me what their final wishes were.
My check engine light has flashed a couple times. I have been giving away guns. And other things that I think others would want.
I have heard people say they want the family to fight it out. I tell them "they will".
You are doing the right thing. God bless you. 🙌

Sam,
Congrats on a stellar shooting career. You have a lot to hold your head high about.
You may not be shooting any longer, so perhaps you assist others in the finer points in shooting. We all need to have someone to mentor us.
From all the reads here it is appearant how much people care, and based on your generosity, you are a first class individual.
Thank you for reminding us of what is important in life.
If you ever make it back to Friendship - I'd be open to some pointers!!!

Sam I just saw this post, All I can say is I’m praying for you my friend, in the last 3 years I have lost almost my entire family to cancer and heart attack’s. Dad was 55 , in 20 days the undertaker who is a dear friend of mine and I carried both my father and my grandfather out after they passed away, since then a total of 6 have passed.The biggest consolation was they never gave up , ever one trying to keep going to the end and that they hurt no more. You hang in there and DONT give up. I’m in NKY and praying for you sir Lords Blessings

Brian

I just saw your post, best to you and your family, we'll be praying for you all. I'm sure it's really tough but never give up.

Hello Sam
We never met but I know a kindred spirit when I hear one. Putting you on the prayer list at our church Sunday. We got a new pastor here, he was doing youth pastor work in the area, then the powers that be kind of "discovered" him. I know everybody thinks their pastor is tops, but the guy taught this old reprobate more in a half a year than others have in ten. My heart goes out to you and your family, young man, and you hang in there, ya hear?

Best of luck Sam. I know a while back I posted some pictures for you in the firearms for sale thread. If you ever need that done again dont hesitate to PM me. I will be happy to do it.

Back