• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hate to do it, but here goes.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well folks after a long good run with traditional ML rifles, I am selling all mine off except 2, which I will gift to some younger folks. I have been fortunate to win 2 KY Bluegrass games and a 2nd in the three times I have shot the match. I have medaled 32 times in NMLRA matches at Friendship and other matches. 3 years ago I had a hip replaced, 3 weeks later i had to have it redone, due to MRSA infection. 5 weeks later the doc gave me the goahead to start therapy. The next morning I fell out of bed when I tried to get up, with a severe stroke, laid there unable to move for 5 1/2 hours. Finally got the left side of my body working and crawled to a phone and called my wife who came home with an ambulance, got me to the hospital, 15 minutes later I had the second stroke, a hour later I had the 3rd stroke. Left my right side mostly paralyzed, and I cant stand or walk without 2 forearm crutches. I have went to therapy, did everything the docs wanted me to, but I am going downhill, and the wife and I decided to get rid of a lot of things I can no longer do, even selling off our entire cow herd. I will be posting some ML rifles for sale on here, and will gladly send pics to your email or PH#. Please, no negative comments, That was all I got the last 3 times I advertised a rifle on here, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from the fellers I have traded with. Also If I can get someone to post pics I will be happy to do so. I am computer challenged before I had the strokes, even moreso now. It has taken me about 40 minutes to type this short message, due to my having to hunt and peck and messing up a lot due to the impairment. Also, I want to add one more thing. I will be donating a rifle to the forum, to auction off, I can do this anytime you all wish, Moderators pm me on how to go about doing so. Thanks, Sam Koger

Thanks guys, the neurologist says I am beyond blessed, that I can even have a coherent thought, process it or speak. I ended up having 2 more hip surgeries on the same hip, 4 total in 16 months. I had a good retirement set up, but at least I am not a vegetable, was a very real possibility. I thank God every day, that I am able to still do what I can, and try to enjoy every minute of every day.

I’m sorry to hear of your health issues, it’s heartbreaking to give up something you love too.
Fight the fight, you seem to have a lot of determination. I have a younger brother in a nursing home because he gave up after he had one stroke, you had three !

Words cannot express my feelings after reading your post, Sam, but I want you to know that you have another prayer-warrior here for you. It can’t be easy for you both but you have a lot is supportive friends around you. I am heartened at your strength and good will and wish you only the very best.
Bob

Sam you are in my prayers and thoughts. I am on my third pacemaker and started having heart problems at 32. My father was a flying rancher and taught me to fly a plane. I will always remember what he told me when I was on a cross country flight with him over the West Texas desert and the engine started running rumbling and spitting oil out along the side. We kept losing altitude and were looking for a place to land. We made it to an airstrip and were not high off the ground when we got there. When we came to a stop my dad looked at me and said " Son no matter what happens, no matter what falls off, No matter what you fly the plane as long as it will fly. Later in life he had many heart attacks and surgeries, including an experimental surgery in Houston. I went to see him after the surgery and he took my hand and said "No matter what happens we fly the plane as long as it will fly." God bless your flight Sam.

Well folks after a long good run with traditional ML rifles, I am selling all mine off except 2, which I will gift to some younger folks. I have been fortunate to win 2 KY Bluegrass games and a 2nd in the three times I have shot the match. I have medaled 32 times in NMLRA matches at Friendship and other matches. 3 years ago I had a hip replaced, 3 weeks later i had to have it redone, due to MRSA infection. 5 weeks later the doc gave me the goahead to start therapy. The next morning I fell out of bed when I tried to get up, with a severe stroke, laid there unable to move for 5 1/2 hours. Finally got the left side of my body working and crawled to a phone and called my wife who came home with an ambulance, got me to the hospital, 15 minutes later I had the second stroke, a hour later I had the 3rd stroke. Left my right side mostly paralyzed, and I cant stand or walk without 2 forearm crutches. I have went to therapy, did everything the docs wanted me to, but I am going downhill, and the wife and I decided to get rid of a lot of things I can no longer do, even selling off our entire cow herd. I will be posting some ML rifles for sale on here, and will gladly send pics to your email or PH#. Please, no negative comments, That was all I got the last 3 times I advertised a rifle on here, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from the fellers I have traded with. Also If I can get someone to post pics I will be happy to do so. I am computer challenged before I had the strokes, even moreso now. It has taken me about 40 minutes to type this short message, due to my having to hunt and peck and messing up a lot due to the impairment. Also, I want to add one more thing. I will be donating a rifle to the forum, to auction off, I can do this anytime you all wish, Moderators pm me on how to go about doing so. Thanks, Sam Koger
So sorry you have such troubles. I hope and pray for your future, and that of your wife. God bless.

Back