• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Has anyone ever heard of or bought from piratefashions.com

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one for 25k made me laugh, but looking at some of their other stuff it seems almost reasonable. Depending on quality.

"German Wheel Lock Pistol

$ 1,500.00"

"Ӣ Parts by Loyalist Arms"
"NOTE: This is a refurbished pistol with brand new barrel that carries a full life time warranty."

It sounds like it's built using India made parts and the photos dont look too impressive either.

hawkeye2 said:
"German Wheel Lock Pistol

$ 1,500.00"

"Ӣ Parts by Loyalist Arms"
"NOTE: This is a refurbished pistol with brand new barrel that carries a full life time warranty."

It sounds like it's built using India made parts and the photos dont look too impressive either.

I missed that somehow, might as well buy from loyalists arms and save about half on the price.

I have bought some items from them when they had their store in St. Augustine. They do tend towards the Hollywood-Jack Sparrow pirate theme rather than historically correct 1650-1800 pirate era. They were selling Indian made guns as well as some made by their "in-house" gunsmith. Some that I saw were quite well made. I know of others who were less than happy with internet purchases. If you intend on buying a gun from them, I would advise going in person and dealing face-to-face. I believe they have moved to the Tampa area to be closer to the "Pirate-festival" trade. Owner Tiger Lee (from the South China Sea) is an interesting character who talks "pirate" and attracts a rum lot for his crew.

Alden bought a gun from them and it was ”˜ok’, then bought a matchlock from them and had nothing but problems - mechanical, build quality as well as what was delivered didn’t match the design/features of what was advertised.

His posts are on here somewhere ...

Sorry but they have zero credibility with me because they posted this concerning the wheel lock pistol:

Certified Proof Tested

The photograph CLEARLY shows the pistol was not proof stamped, ergo, either they are woefully ignorant or perhaps less than honest.

A barrel is either proofed or not, and when it is proofed, and one can legally use the term to sell the gun, there is a visible stamp on the barrel from the official proofing house. NO ONE other than such a house can proof a barrel, even for black powder. A barrel can be test fired, and subjected to other tests, and those tests could quite well have exceeded what would be done in a proof house, but if you say or write "proofed" it must have been tested at a proof house and bear a proper proof house stamp. Period.

LD

There are no certified proof houses in the US. Only in England. It would cost hundreds of dollars & months of waiting to get something proof tested today.

I just bought a 5 foot lengthen of slow match off of them for $5.00 , and a JAILERS PISTOL KEY that really shoot's for $56.00 and an more than happy with the prices and products. shipping was UBBER FAST!!.

Really? Winproof(Winchester proof) is bogus? ALL American firearms makers proof their guns, and there are no government proof houses for the trade.
Sorry but they have zero credibility with me because they posted this concerning the wheel lock pistol:

Certified Proof Tested

The photograph CLEARLY shows the pistol was not proof stamped, ergo, either they are woefully ignorant or perhaps less than honest.

A barrel is either proofed or not, and when it is proofed, and one can legally use the term to sell the gun, there is a visible stamp on the barrel from the official proofing house. NO ONE other than such a house can proof a barrel, even for black powder. A barrel can be test fired, and subjected to other tests, and those tests could quite well have exceeded what would be done in a proof house, but if you say or write "proofed" it must have been tested at a proof house and bear a proper proof house stamp. Period.

LD

Bought a leather powder flask with 'Sikes' styled adjustable valve. It was a bargin and is quite useable. I had to adjust charge level notches to get what i wanted for my SxS 12, but it was easy and flask works fine..

Really? Winproof(Winchester proof) is bogus? ALL American firearms makers proof their guns, and there are no government proof houses for the trade.

Correct, All American firearms makers MISUSE the legal term "proof" and "proofing" when they say their products are such. It's not a legally protected label in the United States, so it confuses most Americans not familiar with what it actually means, AND especially folks who are exposed to guns, modern or black powder, that have actually been to an independent proofing house. The American (and Japanese) firearms makers TEST their firearms, since they are liable in American courts, and GEE they set their own standards, either equal or greater than SAAMI specs. Winchester is actually admitting that fact by inventing the label "Winproof". Look, they or you, could put a barrel through standards far and above what would get you a proofed stamp on your barrel in say, England. In fact the German and British proofing house pressure standards are about 50% higher than the Italian for black powder barrels. So you could have a very safe barrel, but it's misleading to say it has been "proofed" unless it has been tested at an independent testing facility that is part of the C.I.P. international agreement. The barrel isn't "proofed" until that is done. All the Winproofing in the world still need to have testing done if you send that Winchester to England or Germany or Italy. This isn't opinion, it's fact.

LD

While I was looking for a proper screw barrel Queen Anne pistol I had come across their site. Most of what I saw looked more like costume pieces than firearms and the Queen Anne that they had listed at 1200 bucks left a lot to be desired in fit and finish. The escutcheon and thumb plate inletting looked like it was done with a steak knife and filled with putty, the "polishing" on the metal parts was equally dismal, and the carve of the stock seemed as though it was done by rough description without any photos for reference. I also noted that all of the screws were drilled clean through the escutcheon and thumb plate and then the screw cut to flush with the surface. All around pretty amateur looking and not at all what I would be interested in spending over a thousand dollars on.

Attachments

• jqa8_1024x1024.jpg
    jqa8_1024x1024.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 115
Back