• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hardware & Such

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have already asked a couple of you where you obtain your "Hardware" for your bags, belts and rigs etc. I figured I would ask the forum in general, never know when there may be a new "Kid" / Business in town. I would more than welcome an opportunity to support a local craftsman than the usual suspects that import from India or from who knows where.

Townsen, Turkey foot traders. Crazy Crow, Hot dipped Tin, Backwoods Tin and Copper, Avalon forge, Pecotonic and Track of the wolf, October country, and a few trading companies seen at events for me

I like Weaver Leather Supply. I still get a few odds and ends from Tandy, but Weaver is now my go-to for hardware. Weaver also has a good selection of leatherworking tools, but Campbell-Randall has just about everything. I've not been impressed with the cost or quality of Tandy's tools.

I know that leather was not the question, but it may come up. Leather is kind of where you find it. I like Crazy Crow's veg tan straps for making belts and straps, as they are more supple than the competition, as well as cheaper, and the leather holds up very well. I've gotten rawhide a couple of times from Centralia Fur & Hide, and I've been pretty happy with them. I still get some veg tan from Tandy, and from Weaver, and I've gotten buckskin from The Leather Guy. I've been satisfied with all of the above.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

I have already asked a couple of you where you obtain your "Hardware" for your bags, belts and rigs etc. I figured I would ask the forum in general, never know when there may be a new "Kid" / Business in town. I would more than welcome an opportunity to support a local craftsman than the usual suspects that import from India or from who knows where.

THE BUCKLE GUY has a new factory (c. 2000) in Massachusetts. ;)

LD

KlWeaver here on this site is a good source for straps and will make custom sizes and colors if you ask.

Yessir and fine work she does! I got this headed this way!

klweaver strap.jpg

Back