• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Happy birthday, Oregon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, today marks the 150th anniversary of statehood for Oregon, a process begun by Robert Gray, Jefferson and Lewis and Clark, the Astorians, Jedediah Smith and his exploring party and completed by the thousands who risked all for a new start 2000 miles west of Independence, Mo., at the end of the Oregon Trail, where they raised homesteads among the Metis and retired Hudsons Bay trappers at the northern end of the Willamette Valley. It took gumption, sweat, tears and dreams and I believe it paid off. I was 6 years old for the Oregon Centennial in 1959, and will not live to see the bicentennial. But I love this place and respect the men, women and children who went before me to make Oregon a reality.
My low-crowned hat is off, and I bow deeply to the dreamers who ignored the risks to listen to the whispers of their inner children.
May we all have ears to hear ...
Bill Powell
Rogue Valley
Oregon Country

Bill,
I share your thoughts often.
I live within eyeball distance of Ewing Young's grave site, 1 mile from his original homestead, 3 miles from Champoeg SP where the tailend of the HBC trappers homesteaded and where the first oregon provisional govt was formed. Rich in roots here!
Those folks years back were visionaries and my hat is off to them. What a great place to call home!

Back