• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Handy 45?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other option might be a T/C Renegade, with an aftermarket barrel in the length and caliber of your choice. The Gun Works/Oregon Barrel Co. Makes drop-in barrels to order. Used Renegades are plentiful, and they have a comfortable shotgun butt while still looking reasonably traditional. I suppose Mr. Hoyt might also be able to line the original barrel to a smaller caliber, which would likely be less expensive than a second barrel.

Notchy Bob
He did a Hawken barrel for me in .40” one of my best decisions...

NH moose, I feel your pain, three times under the knife left shoulder, it still acts up a bit but I be damn if I will surrender my shooting, Left shoulder, left handed shooter. I have cut back a bit but not too much and I like the big bores.
I've had my left shoulder replaced twice. Just went for a biopsy last week due to severe pain. If it isn't an infection it may be time for my third replacement. After working hard for most of my life, I have a hard time taking it easy. I my have loosened the new shoulder up:doh:

That's why we work hard most of our lives, so we can kick back and raise some h!!! once in a while, pain is but a matter of mind, if you don't mind, it don't matter.

As a veteran of both right and left major shoulder surgeries I can verify you have to ease back into any shooting. The right shoulder was in therapy for 6 mos. and took a year to get back 80% use of it. Left one did a smidge better. I can now shoot about anything I can hold up but can't do pushups; yep, it sucked.

Well, the doc said it isn't a rotator cuff injury so I will not need surgery for it. In a couple of months with lots of physical therapy I will know if I am fully in the clear or not once the cortisone wears off.

Another to say "Yea" for the Deerhunter, percussion and flinter.
Too bad they don't make them in a variety of bore diameters but fifty is nifty.

Back