• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Handmade Custom Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boar

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Grandson and I just got done doing two weekends of Great Trail Festival. Monday I went over to Log Cabin's Setup and bought the finest gun they had on the rack. Been eying it since the first weekend. It is a .45 42' Green Mt !-60 L&R flint and lots of brass inlays,weeping heart on wrist,hunters star cheek and daisy patchbox,plus butplate,toe plate and nose cap. Gun was Made by Richard Hergina northwest of Lodi. Brown barrel finish.The hammer hits the fizzen onefourth from top and is smooth all way down ,ends pointing direct in the middle of pan. Set trigger the finest I ever set.fined tune. Log Cabin said he made 700 guns, now retried. I love it. It will be number one,Ozark no two.Has good sights. Has a lot of curl in stock.Medium to light finish, its a keeper for sure. Also heard the Eastern next year only 5miles from GTF. :thumbsup: Dilly

Congrats, :thumbsup:
Sounds like a really beautiful rifle, I'm sure you'll treat her well. Now to see how she shoots.
My .45 42 GM is a tack driver.
Would love to see pics!
H

I will see if the boy can put up some pictures as he has the camera. I have never done any. Shes a beauty. This gun has been fired. Log Cabin had Richard make the gun for them. I think they sold it and got it back.It has a few small dents,nothing I can't live with. It has brass inlays were the pins go tru the wood to hold barell. Has a brass plate that the two lock bolts go tru. I have about the price of a good Chambers Kit in it, but its ready to go. No screw ups. Dilly

Gene, I will be in the area Saturday if you would like me to drop by and take some pics. How many pigs you take with her already?

PS sorry about my idiot buddy the other night :redface: Almost kilt him myself.

Thanks Adam but I got them on, My boy ED knew how. I put the Ozark Mt on to as it is no two now. That is the Flint tool I post about, real neat, the little curl is used to chip the flint .It took me a while to figure out how it worked. You hook under bottom of flint and put a little pressure upwards and you can break off little chips to refresh the edge. Haven't shot it yet. I beleive the gun will be on. I sure hate to have to move the sights. Dilly
gun012kw6.jpg

gun001zi6.jpg

gun002dw7.jpg

gun003pf0.jpg

gun004pv3.jpg

gun007pi5.jpg

gun008cy4.jpg

gun009st5.jpg

gun010qs3.jpg

gun011sq2.jpg

Oh my eyes! That was sure a pretty sight.Good luck with it. It looks like it found a deserving home.

Thanks fellows. I always wanted a black powder gun when I was young. Never owned one till I was 43. My dad was a gun man but never owned one that I know off. I was doing my first TC kit the week he died. He had went to the Great Trail Festival(82) and enjoyed watching them shoot. I had told him on phone that I was doing one. My grandson(13) has it now pus a few more. Have given 8 to members of family. You can be sure(Dilly-Wacker) has a good home. Dilly

She shore is purty :bow: I just had a Tennessee rifle follow me home the other day but I like the patch box and all that curly wood. ENJOY

Log Cabin told me Richard Hergina made 700 guns and was retired. He was located Nwest of them. I had never herd of him till Monday. I bought the Ozark MT from them in the eighty's.I haven't shot it for over 10yrs. I used it in afew matches. You can shoot kitchen matches off with it in a match. But too heavy(10) and long for hunting.Its a 54 GMt. and Long and L&R lock & triggers. Stock don"t have the curl like the .45. Going to shoot her Sat. Glad you like her. Dilly

Back