• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Handles for Lyman molds - do others work? Dixie .58 swaging die?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Somewhere" in my stuff a set of Lyman mold handles lurk, but I can't find them. Glommed on to a Lyman "Ideal" minie mold last week and uncovered a couple of Lyman mold blocks I'd forgotten about as well. Ads for handles show Lyman and RCBS handles run $45-$50 but LEE handles less than half that price. Anyone know for sure if the LEE handles will work with Lyman single/double cavity mold blocks?

Also - experience with the Dixie Gunworks .58 swaging die?

Thanks for the info, gentlepersons. Found my array of Lee and DGW molds but all the Lee molds have the permanently affixed handles and, of course, the Dixie molds are the scissor-type. Some of the Lyman molds I have still have the sizing/lubricator dies with them. I'd just not like to blow $25-30 if the Lee handles will work. Thanks again.

"Somewhere" in my stuff a set of Lyman mold handles lurk, but I can't find them. Glommed on to a Lyman "Ideal" minie mold last week and uncovered a couple of Lyman mold blocks I'd forgotten about as well. Ads for handles show Lyman and RCBS handles run $45-$50 but LEE handles less than half that price. Anyone know for sure if the LEE handles will work with Lyman single/double cavity mold blocks?

I have a box full of Lyman handles. Pay me for shipping and I will get one out to you. I have two flavors as far as the jaws are concerned, long or short.
PM me if you are interested.

Yes, Lee handles will work. You might have to do a bit of filing.

As Hawkeye asked- what size "swaging" die? If you're getting ready to play with minies, there are much, much better sources than DGW for that type of stuff.

Log cabin sold me the lee handles for my Lyman mold. Just make sure the mold closes fully when you squeeze it shut, not a perfect fit but good enough

Back