• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Handgonne Arrows

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxenro

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Were the arrows used in the socket type handgonne's (see attached pic for example) or only the earlier vase type? Are there any contemporary paintings showing the socket type with arrows?

Attachments

• 3medgon_1.jpg
    3medgon_1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 82
One other thing I was wondering about does the arrow shaft go all the way down the barrel to the powder charge? Seems like leaving an air space between powder and shaft might not be healthy

So do we know if the fletching went in the barrel? Maybe wrapped around the shaft?

Natural fletching will bend the hand curve of the fletch. As an experiment, I once saw broadhead arrows shot out of a .410 shotgun, end of shell cut off & lead shot removed, nock sat in the wad cup. Needed a stout spine shaft ... but worked!

Back