• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Hand Made Bonnie Blue Flag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
100% Cotton. 36" X 54"

Sewn, not printed, with whip-sewn eyelets. Never flown, with strong, bright colors. A real eye-catcher. The history of this flag goes all the way back to 1810.

$75 shipped. Please send me a private message with any questions and payment info. Thanks.

Attachments

• BBF1.jpg
    BBF1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 5
  • BBF3.jpg
    BBF3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 0
  • BBF2.jpg
    BBF2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 0
I had no idea that such flags are in use now. Once upon a time it was used in the civil war and since then it`s no longer popular.

While the Bonny Blue Flag was used by the south in the War of Northern Aggression, the earliest origin of it date from the pre Louisiana purchase days when Spain still controlled what is now south Louisiana and New Orleans. The flag was made and flown in the Parishes (counties to the rest of you) north of Lake Ponchartrain in the first independence movement of American colonist there. It is a true symbol of independence and my personal favorite.

While the Bonny Blue Flag was used by the south in the War of Northern Aggression, the earliest origin of it date from the pre Louisiana purchase days when Spain still controlled what is now south Louisiana and New Orleans. The flag was made and flown in the Parishes (counties to the rest of you) north of Lake Ponchartrain in the first independence movement of American colonist there. It is a true symbol of independence and my personal favorite.
This man gets it.
A hat tip to a fellow historian aficionado.

The Bonnie Blue Flag was originally the flag of “The West Florida Republic” from 1810. Here's a great article on the history of the flag's beginnings in 1810, in the Mobile Register, November 16, 2018.

The Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears a Single Star
That’s a very good article. The Parishes north of New Orleans are still referred to as the “Florida Parishes” from the time of that event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back