Hand Guns' Chronograph Thread

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

nkbj

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
How?
When they're jerking around so much they can't get their scoped bolt action sighted in and you're cutting clover leafs!

Woodnbow

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing the deep lube grooves on those bullets - they are just begging for a trip through a lubriszer and getting injected with a 50-50 beeswax,
I'll bet that would really help the velocity and the cleanup after the days shooting is done.
I’ve been using @idaholewis’ Stihl HP/SPG magical no lead blend for about 6 months now. I add olive oil for a lighter lube, more in winter, barely any in summer.

Woodnbow

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That might take a bite out of your velocity, not to mention the pieces of plywood crashing your chrono. Just put the chrono 10 ft. away and the smoke shouldn't be a problem.
Not sure but I believe he shoots through a pre-existing hole cut in the plywood. I have done similar with a piece of cardboard after a wad from a .54 smacked the screen on my F1 Chrony. The company graciously repaired my Chrony and only charged me for shipping.

Newtire

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure but I believe he shoots through a pre-existing hole cut in the plywood. I have done similar with a piece of cardboard after a wad from a .54 smacked the screen on my F1 Chrony. The company graciously repaired my Chrony and only charged me for shipping.
Aha! That makes a little more sense. Or, as Gilda Radner used to say as the granny commenting on the news on the old SNL, "Never Mind!"

nkbj

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
.400/.408”? Thinking about sending an 1862 Navy John Taylor’s way.
The chambers on that piece are .412" diameter.
The hind end of the bullets are sized .411".

nkbj

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My ol' standby is LOOB (lanolin, olive oil and beeswax).