• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Hand forged curly maple handle screwdriver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmoon

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hey folks, been busy and haven't had much time to post new goodies for you all so im trying to catch up. And yes I'm still making the wire inlayed ball boards and short starters just let me know what you need. Anyway back to this. Here I have my hand forged flat head screw drivers. As always I do the forging and i hand turn the handles made of curly maple. I use a mild carbon steel for these, you're probably thinking why not tool steel? Well in my shop, working on muzzleloaders (sometimes antiques), a lot of the times if something goes wrong the screw im turning is more expensive or harder to find than a new screw driver (or simply regrinding). So the idea is if a screw is too tight or rusted in etc I dont want to tear up the screw head any more than necessary. I do oil quench these but the lower carbon limits the hardness to a reasonable level.

These measure:
8-3/4" total length
4-1/4" handle length
4-1/2" Steel length (exposed)
1/4" wide blade
0.050" thick blade tip

if you need a specific screw driver made i can do that too, just need specs.

$40 each shipped to Usa

Attachments

• 20220427_123628.jpg
    20220427_123628.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 20220427_123646.jpg
    20220427_123646.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 132
Back