• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hammer roller loose pin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rfp10000

40 Cal
Reaction score
I noticed today on a Pietta 1860 Colt that the pin that holds the roller on the hammer came loose and the roller dropped off the hammer.
I’m thinking a dab of JBWeld in the holes the pin sits in should keep the roller where it belongs. Any better ideas?

Well… seems I fixed it by hitting it with a punch the size of the pin . It spread the metal so it no longer slides out .

Last edited:
I noticed today on a Pietta 1860 Colt that the pin that holds the roller on the hammer came loose and the roller dropped off the hammer.
I’m thinking a dab of JBWeld in the holes the pin sits in should keep the roller where it belongs. Any better ideas?

Well… seems I fixed it by hitting it with a punch the size of the pin . It spread the metal so it no longer slides out .

That's THE fix for the hammer roll ( Glad you figured it out!!)!! I normally remove the rolls and clean up the cutout (many times the rolls are frozen). The Uberti roll slots are widened and deepened and a Pietta roll is installed ( they are wider than the Uberti roll and offer a better bearing).

Those that have hammer mounted firing pins (unmentionables) can "capture" the cross pin (that retains the firing pin) in the same manner. If that pin backs out it can make ugly places on the recoil shield!!

Mike

Back