• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hammer/nipple connection

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried it and it works. I cut up a plastic yogurt lid and fit a slice under the hammer. Perfect!

Keep checking the compress-ability of what ever material your using as the cushion, so the hammer nose stays off the nipples. I recommended the neoprene glass setting blocks because they seem to last for ever.

Yeah, that works too, I've used that as well, thanks. The pads I mentioned do last longer though and don't tend to fall off as they get hammer down. The pads arrest the hammer fall from mid hammer arm so they have to resist less impact than does the tube over the nipple plus they have much more area to arrest the impact.

I tried it and it works. I cut up a plastic yogurt lid and fit a slice under the hammer. Perfect!
Wrt to a disinclination towards dryfiring... get over that sooner than later. It’s an excellent way to get better at live fire. Focus on the fundamentals as if you’re shooting for the gold and it will translate into better live fire.

If you want to dry fire, why not just take the cylinder out?
You need the weight to be as close as you can to be the same (less powder and balls) for realistic practice. Weight dampens movement and strengthens muzzle tone. Also on the 58 Rem the hammer stops on two shoulders in the hammer slot that get battered back if the hammer fall is not arrested.

Latest posts

Back