• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hammer and Nipple Not lined Up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bet your head is just swimming with advice. It was obvious it was an overtightened drum. When a person is using the internet or as in this case the forum. All the advice helps, but you better plan on junk advice as well as good advice. Some of those out there who think they are an expert may not be. The best analogy I can give is when I was putting a shower in the house and pulled up a dozen youtube sites where professionals were instructing. I had to throw half of them out of my memory bank. Then I ran into a guy who had professionally put showers in for 30 years and told me to use mastic rather than thin-set on the shower tile. I later read where mastic would turn to goo if water got past the tile and to only use thin-set. Luckily I had read that part before installing the tile. There are my to-bits. Forum instruction can help a lot and is a start for your research. Sounds like you consumed it all before completing the job. Good going.

Congratulations. Pretty obvious from first pix the drum was overclocked. Other than minor L/R adjustment I wouldn't want to go to that extreme with a hammer myself. Looks good and proper.

Back