• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Halloo the camp!"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryToth

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Halloo the camp! I'm new on this forum, so here's my intro.

52 years of age, exstatically happily married, one daughter, one step-daughter, one step-son, one poodle named Colby...he's my favorite!

Into BP about 5 years. Have two T/C's, and one Early Lancaster flint that I built last summer. The Early Lancaster is my passion.

My home area of Fayette County is 12 miles from George Washington's infamous Fort Necessity. I can see the top end of Jumonville Glen from the back porch. This is where Col. Washington and his indian "allies" bushwacked the French and basically started the entire F&I event. Although I don't re-enact, the 1760's when this area was first settled are what really interests me. I get a "feeling" when I walk these ridges, where it all happened so long ago.

I shoot with a local Buckskinner's group when I can. I walk the local ridges, alone with my flintlock, when I can. I wish I had the time to re-enact or rondezvous, but work committments don't permit. Ahhh, maybe someday!

Greetings to all,

Jerry Toth
Uniontown, PA

Boy do I know that feeling. Last winter looking into the beginning of the Susquehanna River valley in Cooperstown.

BTW, haven't had a use for baseball since the strike.

Ironsights: I'm several years farther down the trail,as are others on the Forum,I still look forward to doing many things,Never give up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :) :) :D

Hello Fe (iron) Sights... :)

I went down to Cumberland Gap in Maryland last year, and I toured S. W. PA on the way... I like Mount Morris the best...

Nice country...

I think it is great that you are in tune to the history of your area, we Americans tend to over-look the worn paths of yesterday...

Heres to you... :applause:

Ironsights: Wecome, you'll find all kinds of topics here at the camp.
So enjoy yourself. Steve (Mtn-Man2u) :)

Ironsights,
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here. I was raised in Roscoe, on the Monongahela river about 18 Miles from Johnstown and have been to Fort Necessity several times in the past, mostly on the way to the auto junkyard in Farmington. Is it still there? I'll probably stop in at the fort on my next visit to my mom's. It'll have more meaning now that I'm into bp. Take care.

welcome Ironsights....

I've driven thru PA several times on my way to Maine....it's always impressed me with it's beauty and history. One of these days I'm gonna spend some time there. You and I are close to the same age...I'd be 51. I know what you mean about your local area. I was the same when I lived in Wyoming and am still the same since we moved back home to Missouri. Lots of good folks on this board...

Vic

Hi Jerry,

Welcome, I too am new here. I recognize your name from MLML I think this is a good BB!

I feel the same as you when I roam the hills and dales of WV. I live near the Kanawha River and walk in the tracks and trails of greats such as Simon Kenton, D. Boone, and Tecumseh! Just to name a few.

Catch ya later!
Chuck

Back