• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED Half Stock/Pistol Grip 50 Caliber Flintlock Rifle - Custom Built W/ Kibler Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Due to a buyer not following through, I have the below half stock/pistol grip 50 caliber rifle back up for sale. I am the builder and just finished this rifle in September. It was built for match shooting and it shoots great w/ a .490 ball, .016 patch and 55 grains of 3F Goex. It has been shot about 40 times off the bag and a little off hand.

The wood is a very high grade Sugar maple and the stock design borrows some from the Swiss Match rifles, the Rigby and the Gibbs. There are no dings or scratches. It has been finished w/ four coats of wood oil, two coats of sealer and two coats of finish followed by one coat of Bri Wax. The barrel is a 32" long, 1" ATF Green Mountain w/ the 1-70" twist. The flash hole liner is a 1/4-32 Chambers White Lightin. The front sight is a silver blade and has been left tall enough for sighting in. The rear sight is a silhouette type adjustable sight from Kensight. These sights are the best adjustable sight that I know of. Very strong, very precise clicks and well made. The single trigger is the single Bivens which is light, crisp and sweet. The tang screw comes down through the stock and screws into the front of the trigger guard via a recessed stud. It has a single pin through an underlug in the fore end.

The lock is one of the Kibler SMR locks. It is very well made, sparks great and is easy on flints. All of the metal other than the sights has been rust browned to a matt type finish. All of the brass furniture is custom made.

The rifles OAL is 48 1/4" and the LOP is 13 3/4".

I am asking $1,800 which includes fully insured shipping in a crate through the USPS Priority Mail. If you live out West, the shipping will be an additional $20. I take USPS Money Orders as payment or you can call me and use a credit/debit card with the additional 3.5% fee that I am charged.

Please ask if you have any questions or need additional pictures.

IMG_0433.JPG
tempImage39sEfo.png
tempImageXUUTLe.png
tempImageKxH2rH.png
tempImageJRYrWk.png
tempImageTNQywc.png
tempImageEtnDiG.png
tempImageyWYwbP.png
tempImage9JjwBU.png
tempImageL5VDA3.png

Last edited:
I usually don’t like posting to another fellow’s for sale thread, but believe I am qualified to comment here. I have two of Bruce’s rifles and am very happy with both of them and the transactions. Even non-gun people I have shown them to have been very impressed with the quality of the finish, I suppose anybody can appreciate beautiful wood! This rifle is a known quantity, not like a lot of posts that ask: who made it? Whose barrel? Twist? What lock is that? L.O.P.? All that has been covered and this is a fine piece built by a reputable builder.

Thanks fellas. I really enjoy building them.

MLH53, would you believe both of my scales currently have dead batteries!!! It will be Sunday before I can get to the store and get new batteries, but I estimate around 8 1/2 ponds.

Bruce, your guess on weight good enough for me. I'm new to muzzleloading so the stock shape looks interesting. It's definitely a great looking gun.

I have had questions regarding the rear sight. The barrel is drilled and tapped specifically for this sight, and it is attached with two screws. The rear of the sight (back of blade) is seven inches from the rear of the barrel. Thanks for the interest.

Some other questions about the rear sight have been asked. It is adjustable (very precise and repeatable) for both windage and elevation. The width of opening on the rear blade is .032. I have found this width to be just right for the typical blade front sight we use on black powder rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back