• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Half Stock/Pistol Grip 50 Caliber Flintlock Rifle - Custom Built W/ Kibler Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the below half stock/pistol grip 50 caliber rifle for sale. I am the builder and just finished this rifle a few weeks ago. It was built for my match shooting and hunting, but I am having sight difficulties due to the barrel length - I just can not get any focus on the front sight. It shoots great w/ a .490 ball, .016 patch and 55 grains of 3F Goex. It has been shot about 40 times off the bag and a little off hand.

The wood is a very high grade Sugar maple and the stock design borrows some from the Swiss Match rifles, the Rigby and the Gibbs. There are no dings or scratches. It has been finished w/ four coats of wood oil, two coats of sealer and two coats of finish followed by one coat of Bri Wax. The barrel is a 32" long, 1" ATF Green Mountain w/ the 1-70" twist. The flash hole liner is a Chambers White Lightin. The front sight is a silver blade and has been left tall enough for sighting in. The rear sight is a silhouette type adjustable sight from Kensight (cost $120). These sights are the best adjustable sight that I know of. Very strong, very precise clicks and well made. The single trigger is the Bivens. The tang screw comes down through the stock and screws into the front of the trigger guard via a recessed stud. It has a single pin through an underlug in the fore end.

The lock is one of the Kibler SMR locks (cost $285). It is very well made, sparks great and is easy on flints. All of the metal other than the sights has been rust browned to a matt type finish. All of the brass furniture is custom made.

The rifles OAL is 48 1/4" and the LOP is 13 3/4".

I am asking $1,975 which includes fully insured shipping in a crate through the USPS Priority Mail. If you live out West, the shipping will be an additional $20. I take USPS Money Orders as payment or you can call me and use a credit/debit card with the additional 3.5% fee that I am charged.

Please ask if you have any questions or need additional pictures.

The only trades that I can think of that would interest me are nice - flintlocks with longer barrels. I would be really interested in a Kibler SMR in 45 caliber or something similar. Try me.

IMG_0284.jpeg
IMG_0285.jpeg
IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0287.jpeg
IMG_0288.jpeg
IMG_0289.jpeg
IMG_0290.jpeg
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0292.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh SON, Bruce, that's a fine job, outstanding wood and work, not to mention quality parts... My partial British DNA is whispering like Marley's ghost to Ebenezer Scrooge, 'Briggs, Briggs... its worth your indentured servitude... lt's worth selling your worthless stepson into slavery... It's like a Gibbs a GIBBS...

Yes it is. Only this one is not percussion and it will shoot round balls. 😛

Thanks for the compliments. I meant for this one to be top notch and the parts were not cheap.

Thanks again.

Back