SOLD Half stock fowler

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoduster

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Older Fowler looks to be about 16.ga.- was told it was made by Christian Daniels of Synder County? Woodwork is awesome and has a wood patchbox, locks works properly, 29” barrel , bead front sight. This is a very light gun. The bore is rough, I have cleaned it and I believe it to be shootable and with the thickness in the steel it would be a great candidate to be rebored a bit. asking $500.

Attachments

nit wit

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That would probably shoot a bare ball fine and shot alo. Just clean with warm soapy water. Nice gun!
Nit Wit

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I might have to get with you on this one. I like it, just not sure what I have to trade...unless you'd consider a couple of stock blanks maybe.

wyoduster

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I might have to get with you on this one. I like it, just not sure what I have to trade...unless you'd consider a couple of stock blanks maybe.
Not buildin any this winter.. Too many other projects keeping me busy. I was lookin for a 42"x7/8" x 54 cal. barrel

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Don't have any barrels that aren't already intended for some project. I'll have to think about it a little bit.

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Despite its size, it looks like the trigger guard is meant to be used with just the trigger finger inside and the remaining 3 fingers wrapped around it. I say this because it reminds me of the big honkin' trigger guards on certain wheel lock long arms, and they were designed to be used this way.

wyoduster

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Have you removed the nipple before to see the integrity
Yes I have and had it off to clean the barrel as best as I could. It will be a fun gun.. really lightweight. and yes It could be lined. Offers accepted or trade on other guns..

Status
Not open for further replies.