• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Haddaway Lock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russ Hamm made locks. He may have made good ones but that wasn't what I got. There was no way to harden the frizzen so that it would spark.

Russ Hamm made locks. He may have made good ones but that wasn't what I got. There was no way to harden the frizzen so that it would spark.
Hence the Many Klatch ?. I have not named what I thought the' poor' locks Some fine locks where made by Mack Vance, Pete Allan, & Larry Zornes besides North Star .Caywood & probably many other good locks even the ubiqueus 'Lott' And Dixie Ketland would' work up' I remember buying the Ketlands 'three for a bill' .But once you sorted the springs balance they where fine locks'. I had four styles of flint lock various percussion and even Wheel locks made in India . They varied but all I used got up fine and are still giving good service & non had ' off the shelf' spare parts . I once asked" What steel do they use ? " They replied " We are makeing with the help of the e'scrap ". Generally we are today blessed with many locks to choose from and the exotic wish list offering of parts from Rifle Shoppe & Ted Blackley are mind boggling ( boggles mine anyway !') . There you are i'me about' Locked out ' . Well better than being locked up ! .
Regards Rudyard

I wish that all the competition that I'm supposed to outshoot on the line had locks like you have described.

A good lock but out of production for many years and hard to find parts to replace. A Siler lock has been around a long time and is still made. I put the most value on a lock that sparks well and can find parts EASILY! Siler best in my opinion.
I agree with Captjoel

Back