• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Had unknown to me good look'n woman all over me at the range yesterday

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it really surprises me that people would get a C&B powder caps lube go to the range and not know how to load it when there are a ton of U Tube videos showing how to do it. hard to believe

SPQR70AD
Not sure who or what you are referring to but just to clarify ...this whole thing got started because very small and close tolerance dimensions between the recoil shield and the nipple on an 1849 Colt Pocket are as such that large fingers just don't pass muster when an intact but spent cap has to be raised up hammer end first to clear the recoil shield ..hence the pink do-dads

I got zero problems using the pink do-dad's .. Especially as I picture in my mind the beauty who gave them to me! ..still get a whiff of her perfume off of'em ....or is that my over active childish mind messing with me .. by the way ..dying doesn't scare me but the thought of growing up scares the devil out of me!!!

Bear :doh:

I have a 62 Police with a 6.5 inch barrel but the chambers are so thin at the rebate line it makes me wonder why the factory would not have a rebated chamber as well. I suppose some one could have reamed it full cylinder clear back to the nipple but it appears to be factory work. The inside is blued back in the thin area so I thinks it's probably factory but it does give me pause to shoot it much .
Does your 62 have dual diameter chambers , thicker back over the exterior rebate?
I will have to relook at it but I did not encounter a step as such with my cleaning brush but I'm not sure that I would be able to tell with a brush if it was a tapered bore hole ..the taper would be very minor to keep the rebated portion of the cylinder bore the same thickness as the main cylinder walls ..I will have to find something exact diameter of the the front end of the cylinder and see if it slides in 100% to the bottom or if it will encounter a taper part of the way in.

Bear

I will have to relook at it but I did not encounter a step as such with my cleaning brush but I'm not sure that I would be able to tell with a brush if it was a tapered bore hole ..the taper would be very minor to keep the rebated portion of the cylinder bore the same thickness as the main cylinder walls ..I will have to find something exact diameter of the the front end of the cylinder and see if it slides in 100% to the bottom or if it will encounter a taper part of the way in.

Bear
If you happen to have a Pietta 1860 Colt replica they have a good rebated interior chamber profile that will give you an idea of what I was referring to looking for in the 62 chambers.

I got one with big puffy sleeves my wife bought me, as a gift back in the early 80s. Tried it on once! Still looks like new! I totally lack confidence!
Neil

I know the feeling! I found a PINK Hudson Bay blanket and took it to a rondy to show it to some friends and the comments were relentless! Ever so often somebdy will ask about it even though it has not been seen in years!

Colors weren't particularly fast 150 years ago and earlier. Red blankets would fade pretty quickly and would end up pink. @TexiKan, there is no need to hide your blanket. While the comments may have been relentless, if the blanket was a faded pink not a bright pink, you would have perfectly, historically correctly colored blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back