• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Hacked or scam?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh54

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Beware if transacting business with forum member colmoultrie. Either his account has been hacked by a scammer or he is one himself. I sent payment for a revolver and he immediately told me it would be refunded and asked for a second payment to my account. After numerous back and fort PMs to try and resolve things I asked that my payment be refunded immediately. He then resold the gun! His response to me is, “fu** off you bastard i can't deal with you.” He fraudulently resold a gun for which I had already paid.

I have only met the nicest of people on this forum so I can’t imagine that this would be anything other than another member’s account having been hacked by a lowlife scammer.

Look at the now "sold" for sale firearm item marked sold. The walker from last nite by mr. Colmoultrie. Called me a couple neat names last nite on there.

I was scammed because I used Paypal Credit. thought I had gotten my money back but I found out this morning that I didn't Seems the scammer did get away with $150 of mine money after all. The scammer requested that I said money through Paypal as a FAMILY AND FRIENDS transaction which according to Paypal I therefore I couldn't dispute the charges. I guess the scammers are smarter then me. So beware.

This is very strange. I am betting his account was hacked. The real individual that goes by this name has been a member here for quite some time and with a good reputation for providing good information.
Something seems very wrong here.

This is what I get when I click on his screen name in an old p.m. he and I had,
Screenshot_20211206-100032_Chrome.jpg
When I click on this to get more info I get,

Screenshot_20211206-100044_Chrome.jpg

I'm not saying I was scammed by that member. The guy who scammed me was a TerryG who's already been banned

Reactions: smo
Ive done business with a couple forum members here and have always been treated fairly. To cover my ass, I only use US postal money orders mailed to a street address. It's kind of hard to say the postal investigator " I didn't do it" if it came to your house with your name on it.

Wow man I am so sorry for your loss especially right around Christmas, I do a fair amount of buying trading and selling and you just never can tell, although if I talk with some one and get a feel for them by asking questions and if they know there stuff like what I am buying or selling and we joke around a little I know the deal is true and all is well. I HATE SCAMMERS AND LIEERS.

Paypal "Friends and Family" offers NO protection whatsoever! Most legitimate sellers who will accept Paypal won't mind a "conventional transaction." I will offer to pay the "vig" when transacting via Paypal AND use a credit card in the transaction to boot! When Paypal sometimes get to dragging their feet in an "investigation" of a bad deal, I then can go directly to the credit card company and dispute the charges. I have had the need to do it this way on occasion over the years of dealing with Paypal, and this straightens the "situation"out nearly instantly! You might get a "nasty note" from Paypal saying that the dispute is now "out of their hands"-but I am sure that they'll get over it!

Well I actually talk to paypal and although they weren't nasty they basically said too bad you'll have to pay on the additional money to my account. I was going to buy a 50 cal Tradition Kentucky for my own Christmas present but can't now unless my 50 cal CVA Bobcat sells

MLF administration needs to have a gander at security. Somewhere along the way longstanding members accounts are getting hacked, and if you're not savvy to how these scammers work they'll get ya. Anyone asking for Venmo with no other options for payment should be a big red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back