• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Haaff's Practical Dehorner; 1888

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've an old book to find a home for, for free. Clark & Longley, Pub., Chicago 1888. "Every Man His Own Dehorner". Hard back about 6x9". If you're a "horner" and are curious about how the horns come to be, this might interest you! Quote from the book; "It is my purpose to make every man, every farmer, every one who desires to be, a practical first-class dehorner." There seems to have been some argument back then about the best way to manage such stuff, and the book is full of illustrations and the flowerly language of the time. I'll send to anyone who wants it for free. It may cost 4 or 5 bucks postage which you can send if you want afterward, but not necessary; just want to find a home for someone who is curious about the "making sausage" back-drop to how our horns once were obtained! Springfield Art, send PM, I guess!

Back