• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

H. Nock Packet Ship Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked this up at an auction 15 years ago. I knew Henry Nock was an important gunsmith in the 18th Century. He was Gun Maker Ordinary to King George the III. I knew this gun was a sea service pistol and connected to British Postal Service. It has only been a couple of months ago I found out there are only 5 of these known to exist. Two are in the Royal Postal Museum, two are in private collections and one is currently for sale on a British Antique Shop. This one is number 6 and no one knows I have it. It is suppose to have a belt hook. When it was removed the person shortened one of the lock screws. I found a high quality reproduction and my gun smith lengthed the screw. I am proceeding to age the steel belt hook so in a month or so it will be whole again and the only alteration to the gun is 1/4 inch extention to the original lock screw. I will greatly appreciate any additional information out there. I do all this to keep learning. Enjoy the album

Back