• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

H&A underhammer part sets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see 2 or 3 outfits offering part set / kits such as log cabin and Pecatonica River. Appears to be an ambidextrous stock (I’m left handed). Anyone build one recently? What are your thoughts on it? Thanks

Many years ago I built one. It was fairly easy. They are about as easy as to assemble as anything can be. A second one is in the works here. The stock wood on it is very plain Jane maple. I'm going to have a new set made using very nice myrtle wood. It's moving up higher on my list of semi to nearly completed projects. I found the mainspring/trigger guard on it to be soft and needing tempering. The old H&A rifles use a tapered pin to lock the barrel to the frame the newer ones use set screws. The pin works exceptionally well. I don't care for the screws. The original H&A became my favorite rifle. It was actually my first ex-wife's.

Hi,
I restocked this one for a friend. The stock is cherry and the styling is inspired by Nicanor Kendall. The peep sight was already mounted on the barrel before restocking.
WFWfnYj.jpg

Mw8x61X.jpg

TPqaLtC.jpg

sy4RFTs.jpg

O6GKT7s.jpg

WSf5IN3.jpg

dave

The H&A I put together in the mid '70s has sort of a half trigger guard. It is Half round brass the runs from the actual spring/trigger guard in curves like to grip portion of a convential piece. It looks good. I've checked, and half round brass is fairly expensive, and I only find it at boat building suppliers. However it would make a nice grip on any H&A style rifle.

It wouldn't be too hard to put a cross bolt safety on one of these rifles.

Back