• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Guns I've made

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This .54 half stock Hawken was my first dabble into gun making. Kit from TOW. Made the horn and bag also. Have taken several deer with this one. According to the date stamp it was 1995. Tempest Fugit...
View attachment 2949

I was so thrilled with the Hawken I set out soon after to make a flintlock. Didn't quite like the available patch box designs, so cut this one out of sheet brass with a jewels hand saw. Got it about 90% complete and then somehow got side tracked ...for 22 years! First test fire was on New Years Day 2018.

View attachment 2950

View attachment 2951

View attachment 2952

View attachment 2953

We're on a roll now. This .54 full stock Hawken only took five months to complete.

View attachment 2954

View attachment 2955

View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957

View attachment 2958
The screen on my computer is messed up. Could you send me that top one so I could get a better look at it? lol They are all very nice.

This one?

1646610059091.png

Talk about procrastination, I have a Lehigh County set of parts that I bought in 1972. So far I've inlet the barrel, added tenons, inlet the tang , and most of the lock. Paid $200 for them all with a Maslin percussion lock. Bought from Neshanic Station from Charlie Stone. Have since bought a proper flint lock from Dixon's. At 78 I don't know if I'll ever finish it.

Talk about procrastination, I have a Lehigh County set of parts that I bought in 1972. So far I've inlet the barrel, added tenons, inlet the tang , and most of the lock. Paid $200 for them all with a Maslin percussion lock. Bought from Neshanic Station from Charlie Stone. Have since bought a proper flint lock from Dixon's. At 78 I don't know if I'll ever finish it.
Hey Bud in Pa, get after her man. That needs finished!

This .54 half stock Hawken was my first dabble into gun making. Kit from TOW. Made the horn and bag also. Have taken several deer with this one. According to the date stamp it was 1995. Tempest Fugit...
View attachment 2949

I was so thrilled with the Hawken I set out soon after to make a flintlock. Didn't quite like the available patch box designs, so cut this one out of sheet brass with a jewels hand saw. Got it about 90% complete and then somehow got side tracked ...for 22 years! First test fire was on New Years Day 2018.

View attachment 2950

View attachment 2951

View attachment 2952

View attachment 2953

We're on a roll now. This .54 full stock Hawken only took five months to complete.

View attachment 2954

View attachment 2955

View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957

View attachment 2958
All are very nice, very nice. I will take the top one. AND the bottom one!

Back