• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gunmaker's Fair 2022!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just returned from the Gumakers' Fair at Kempton! Was there Friday morning, and, as I suspected, there were many stopping at Dixon's on their way up. Dixon's was well stocked where the rifles and muskets for sale are racked; they opened at 9 instead of 10, of course, and had the whole crew there as I guess they knew it was gonna be a busy day. They even had a parking area in the little meadow off the road for "stoppers by"! The Fair required a bit of pleasant country-driving as a road or bridge was out, but signs led the way. The large barn-like hall was filled with many vendors and rifle-makers, with an open Fairway with more vendors set up in tents. Lots of people there, good traffic management, and a food 'court', etc. I bought two items at Dixon's, but only got three different raffle tickets at the Fair; you can't win if you don't play. All in all a good Summer jaunt, and I sold a replica flint pistol I had bought recently and wanted to "flip". Anyone else on this site go?

Just returned from the Gumakers' Fair at Kempton! Was there Friday morning, and, as I suspected, there were many stopping at Dixon's on their way up. Dixon's was well stocked where the rifles and muskets for sale are racked; they opened at 9 instead of 10, of course, and had the whole crew there as I guess they knew it was gonna be a busy day. They even had a parking area in the little meadow off the road for "stoppers by"! The Fair required a bit of pleasant country-driving as a road or bridge was out, but signs led the way. The large barn-like hall was filled with many vendors and rifle-makers, with an open Fairway with more vendors set up in tents. Lots of people there, good traffic management, and a food 'court', etc. I bought two items at Dixon's, but only got three different raffle tickets at the Fair; you can't win if you don't play. All in all a good Summer jaunt, and I sold a replica flint pistol I had bought recently and wanted to "flip". Anyone else on this site go?

I would like to have gone for the first time this year, but I simply forgot about it. Would be a long drive for me from SW Missouri-probably a good 16 hours each way.
Don’t know if it would be worth it or not. Especially with the price of gas being what it is.

I was there for a good part of the day. Sat in a great seminar on tuning and timing locks.
I thought it was amazing. Going to run back tomorrow for a seminar on horn making and maybe I'll see something else "I have to have."

I got there around 10am. I Thought it was a great showing. A lot of people there for a Friday. I figured Saturday is going to be a Full house. Great time great conversations with people and a whole lot of stuff to look at. I would recommend it to anyone.

I was there Thursday and Friday. I was helping the Pa Federation of Black Powder Shooters. Helped with set up on Thursday and attended Friday. Was nice to see some old friends and meet new ones. So far everyone I spoke with both vendor and attendees were happy with the set up. We were very fortunate to get the location that we did.

What are these gatherings like? Around here the events are getting smaller s and the fine guns, and historic products are taking on a touristy flavor.
This particular event is a combination of gunshow and artisans fair with scheduled seminars. While the emphasis is towards recreating rifles and smoothbores of years gone by, there were horn makers, shooting pouch makers, knife makers, pottery makers, and even original rifles on display. Some of the vendors were Jim Chambers (locks and gun kits) from NC, Log Cabin Shop from OH, and Rice barrels from NC.

A list of the seminars is on this page Gunmakers Fair Kempton PA July 29, 30 & 31, 2022

Last edited:
This particular event is a combination of gunshow and artisans fair with scheduled seminars. While the emphasis is towards recreating rifles and smoothbores of years gone by, there were horn makers, shooting pouch makers, knife makers, pottery makers, and even original rifles on display. Some of the vendors were Jim Chambers (locks and gun kits) from NC, Log Cabin Shop from OH, and Rice barrels from NC.

A list of the seminars is on this page Gunmakers Fair Kempton PA July 29, 30 & 31, 2022
Thank you very much…I would love to attend a function like this

I would like to have gone for the first time this year, but I simply forgot about it. Would be a long drive for me from SW Missouri-probably a good 16 hours each way.
Don’t know if it would be worth it or not. Especially with the price of gas being what it is.
Yes, I just posted an entry mentioning just that. Unless you are intimately involved in a seminar or picking up a valuable gun you don't want to ship, it's not worth a long trip to attend, nice as the event is. You made the correct choice!

I was there Friday and today (Saturday). Having been to the show at Dixon's quite a few times, and living close by, I liked the venue and was excited when I heard it would be at the fairgrounds.

While I enjoyed the show at Dixon's quite a lot, and it is sad to see that tradition end, the show was really well done at Kempton.

At the fair earlier today ( Sunday). Nice wares...didnt get a call on the 50 cal flinter raffle...maybe they will call later tonight? Really nice, great layout, looking forward to next year.

was there friday and saturday, great turn out of venders and shoppers. great seminars ,sold 2 , brought 1 [ bess] , was surprised that the food was very reasonable and good. most times these affairs are a rip on food.

Back