• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

gun works of Oregon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've been very helpful when I needed accessories for a custom 8bore gun. They had the gunsmith make me a cleaning jag and provided me with a replacement exact fit ramrod. The jag was pricey but making brass parts on a lathe is never cheap. It works great. Satisfied customer

Number one in my book. Just spent couple hours there yesterday while they helped me match parts to a rifle-wreck featured in another thread. My only complaint is it took me over 20 years to get up OR and that original owner, Joe Williams, had passed on in the meantime. Worth a visit and don't delay like me.

I've had one pistol they built for me probably 30 years ago, and it still shoots just fine. I shot in a match today, and any problems were mine, not the pistol. Out of a possible score of 50-5x, I managed a 49-3x. I still got beat by a guy that shot a 50-3x...but what the heck...I just keep at it ( he shoots an inline !! )

I've had one pistol they built for me probably 30 years ago, and it still shoots just fine. I shot in a match today, and any problems were mine, not the pistol. Out of a possible score of 50-5x, I managed a 49-3x. I still got beat by a guy that shot a 50-3x...but what the heck...I just keep at it ( he shoots an inline !! )

He's a cheat. It's like somebody winning a veteran car race with a new Corvette.

Call for a re-match with him shooting a REAL old-style muzzle-loader.

Joes and Suzi and the store were matches made in heaven. Now Joe has left us, Suzi and the team are still #1 on the West Coast for those in the know. I'm VERY lucky - when we 'live' in Oregon we are less than 20 minutes away across in the hills to the West.

Joes and Suzi and the store were matches made in heaven. Now Joe has left us, Suzi and the team are still #1 on the West Coast for those in the know. I'm VERY lucky - when we 'live' in Oregon we are less than 20 minutes away across in the hills to the West.
Will be there this Saturday. The hunt for parts for the "frankenflinter" continues. May "ad" they had quite a rack of reasonably priced, right and left handed GPRs last time i was there. If you get one , mention me and get an odd look.

Will be there this Saturday. The hunt for parts for the "frankenflinter" continues. May "ad" they had quite a rack of reasonably priced, right and left handed GPRs last time i was there. If you get one , mention me and get an odd look.
Should we ask why? I'm not.

wm

No problem. Been a bit of pest and they have been very accommodating running back and forth to get parts for me to try on 2 previous occaisions. Said i was going to post here so just completing the thought.

No problem. Been a bit of pest and they have been very accommodating running back and forth to get parts for me to try on 2 previous occaisions. Said i was going to post here so just completing the thought.

They ARE 'very accommodating'. They realised many many years ago that the most important sound to hear is that of feet walking into the store, and that the most important person in their lives at that moment has a name - he, or she, is called 'a customer'.

Please give Suzi and the team a big hello from me.

I’m waiting for the Traditions Kentucky flintlock kit to come back in stock there….

Please give Suzi and the team a big hello from me.
Hello delivered and returned. Seems you are missed Tac , so we took a group pic. Suzi, Dave (r) me (l). It was 115F there today ugh! Found some more parts for the "frankenflinter" in the junk boxes.

Attachments

• 20210626_112344.jpg
    20210626_112344.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 86
Back