• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gun stand from junk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capnball

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's something I knocked together in my garage out of scrap wood. It got enough attention at the range I thought I'd post it for feedback. I'm not looking to produce them, I was just trying to make something that would work till I had the money for something good, lol. It's litterely made out of scrap wood and hinge cut offs, old stain and some felt so as not to Mar the gun finish. The only money I spent was on the adjustable rubber feet.
I cut a slot for the range rod and drilled some holes for the various cleaning and loading jags. It folds flat and secures with wooden pins in either the open or closed positions. It actually works pretty well with all my guns.

Attachments

• KIMG1570.JPG
    KIMG1570.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 193
  • KIMG1569.JPG
    KIMG1569.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 200
  • KIMG1660.JPG
    KIMG1660.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 191
Looks good, but I don't clean my gun horizontally, and the range has a muzzle up rule when not on the firing line. I use one very similar for my modern guns though. :thumb:

Looks good, but I don't clean my gun horizontally, and the range has a muzzle up rule when not on the firing line. I use one very similar for my modern guns though. :thumb:
I don't load it like that but I do clean it and work on the gun like that. I brought it to the range to adjust my sites.

Back