• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun Show was fruitful for a change!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid_couteau

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi All

Went to the gun show yesterday and as I walked around I reminisced on the old days when deals could be gotten.

All of a sudden...WAIT is that a TC?????????? Yes it is and there is another one next to it.

20220911_073815.jpg

Quickly I positioned myself over them. Fortunately no one else seemed interested in the muzzle loaders. Out comes the flashlight and I look down the bores. YES they are shiny, a little dusty from storage but they looked good. Next a deep scan over the exteriors of both. The Grey Hawk had a few light scratches but nothing I couldn't polish out with my fine wire wheel. Both were good to go.
Ok Time to haggle, but wait the seller was still at breakfast. Grumble grumble I walk around waiting. Finally the old gent showed up and I said I was interested in both could he help on price a bit? Well they are consignment, my heart sank, but let me look......I can knock 25 bucks off of each of them. So $600 for the pair? Yup, DONE! In the next few seconds there were 6 Benjamins in his hand and 2 rifles in mine.

Got them gone through last night, only thing I can find wrong in the Hawken is the bore is grabbing fibers off the patches and may be a smidge dark. But the patches all come out clean so I think I did ok.

Anyways just sharing the story
Kid

Hi All

Went to the gun show yesterday and as I walked around I reminisced on the old days when deals could be gotten.

All of a sudden...WAIT is that a TC?????????? Yes it is and there is another one next to it.

View attachment 161760

Quickly I positioned myself over them. Fortunately no one else seemed interested in the muzzle loaders. Out comes the flashlight and I look down the bores. YES they are shiny, a little dusty from storage but they looked good. Next a deep scan over the exteriors of both. The Grey Hawk had a few light scratches but nothing I couldn't polish out with my fine wire wheel. Both were good to go.
Ok Time to haggle, but wait the seller was still at breakfast. Grumble grumble I walk around waiting. Finally the old gent showed up and I said I was interested in both could he help on price a bit? Well they are consignment, my heart sank, but let me look......I can knock 25 bucks off of each of them. So $600 for the pair? Yup, DONE! In the next few seconds there were 6 Benjamins in his hand and 2 rifles in mine.

Got them gone through last night, only thing I can find wrong in the Hawken is the bore is grabbing fibers off the patches and may be a smidge dark. But the patches all come out clean so I think I did ok.

Anyways just sharing the story
Kid
Oaks show?

Back