• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gun show prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't keep black powder revolvers on my table. Anything that works and is priced less than $350 absolutely flies off the tables. Black powder revolvers are very very in demand right now and I don't get why.

They are not required to be registered, and they are a revolver. Then there is the Konversion cylinder.

Black powder revolvers are very very in demand right now and I don't get why.

It's because Uberti and Pietta have been making only a few since the pandemic began, and folks are digging them (along with older revolvers that are no longer being manufactured) out of their safes and closets and getting many more $$$ for them than they could have imagined 18+ months ago. Supply and demand is the rule.

Regards,

Jim

I can't keep black powder revolvers on my table. Anything that works and is priced less than $350 absolutely flies off the tables. Black powder revolvers are very very in demand right now and I don't get why.
A local gun shop has a special display case for bp revolvers. He calls it his "felons" department.

Used to be gun shows were just that! A little bit of everything “gun” related under one roof. Now it’s mostly ARs, Glocks, and plastic manure. Don‘t get me wrong, there are always exceptions, like the Colt Collectors table here in Columbus. A couple of guys who will trade for anything, and the gun book seller, but that’s about it. The rest is pepper spray in designer cans, with, or without glitter and the “Tactical Whatever Guys”. I had never seen a “tactical” table cloth, placemats and napkins before! And camouflaged flatware!

They are not required to be registered, and they are a revolver. Then there is the Konversion cylinder.
Buyers of the one for the ROA may be surprised to find they have to file down metal around the hole where the cylinder pin slips in. Then, the percussion cylinder will be too far forward if re-used. Little secret they don't tell in the sales pitch.

I picked up my first BP firearm four years ago at a small gun show. It was the only one there, a Zolli reproduction 1863 Remington musket (I hate calling them “Zouaves”). The dealer had it listed as a “Springfield musket” because of the stamping on the lock. I knew nothing at the time except that it wasn’t an original and wasn’t a Springfield. I paid $280 for the rifle, sword bayonet, and scabbard. Y’all know what these are selling for now. I’ve seen some on gunbroker asking $600 and more. (FWIW, I sold the Zolli about a year ago and replaced it with a Miroku 1863 Springfield. I made a little on the sale to cover the cost of the Miroku - $350. Yes, I know it was a deal.)

I picked up my first BP firearm four years ago at a small gun show. It was the only one there, a Zolli reproduction 1863 Remington musket (I hate calling them “Zouaves”). The dealer had it listed as a “Springfield musket” because of the stamping on the lock. I knew nothing at the time except that it wasn’t an original and wasn’t a Springfield. I paid $280 for the rifle, sword bayonet, and scabbard. Y’all know what these are selling for now. I’ve seen some on gunbroker asking $600 and more. (FWIW, I sold the Zolli about a year ago and replaced it with a Miroku 1863 Springfield. I made a little on the sale to cover the cost of the Miroku - $350. Yes, I know it was a deal.)
Good! Yeah, the "zouave" moniker was invented to market the modern repros. I'm a fan of the similar Mississippi M1841 muskets; have two repros; latest was $400. and unfired, missing ramrod. Refinished stock w/ BLO, stained, looks great!

Missing nothing. At least around here, they might as well call them “Overpriced Jerky and Bad Chinese Knife Shows.” 🙄
Jay
A friend who is an antique gun dealer refers to most of the shows as just another "ammo cammo" show. To be fair, he omits black plastic pistols, beef jerkey, crystals & hot sauces. I can only vaguely remember buying a gun at a gun show but I have picked up a number of books.

A friend who is an antique gun dealer refers to most of the shows as just another "ammo cammo" show. To be fair, he omits black plastic pistols, beef jerkey, crystals & hot sauces. I can only vaguely remember buying a gun at a gun show but I have picked up a number of books.
The antique dealers generally have the "blue blazer" type shows, keeping out the riff-raff! :)

Latest posts

Back