• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun show prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I often wondered how many customers would flock to the "other side" of the hall/arena if you divided the dealers? Strictly firearms ( guns and ammo)on one side , non firearms (jerky, camo, coins, knives etc.)on the other.I'm sure there is a percentage who attend these shows who could care less about guns.

I often wondered how many customers would flock to the "other side" of the hall/arena if you divided the dealers? Strictly firearms ( guns and ammo)on one side , non firearms (jerky, camo, coins, knives etc.)on the other.I'm sure there is a percentage who attend these shows who could care less about guns.
Most of the guys I hear at the shows complained about the jewelry, jerky , junk knives and manure. That stuff is there for the for the fairer sex and kids dragged along to the show. I can't see too many people standing in line just for non-gun stuff. Watched some shows I used to do where what you sold had to be approved get junkier with time, eventually some shows folded due to lack of interest. I want to see guns, gear and ammo, not cheap knives and eats even if it means driving further. YMMV

Use to go to gun and knife shows almost every weekend and stuff was quality and priced well then I got burned out and stoped going. Went to Tulsa gun show about 10 years ago and will never go to another one. Nothing but high priced junk. I was embarrassed to even look at the dealers in the face looking at the junk they had and the high prices they were asking.
Our blessings are being lifted, too many worship the right and not the giver of the right.
Why the jump in people interested in bp tools. Because they see the future and know they can make bp if they have to but smokeless is not something they can make. If Ruger would bring the old army back out they would make a fortune on horders wanting a last ditch survival tool.

Things are going to get better. Already in the unmentionable market.....things that go bang, and the stuff that feed them is starting re-appear at higher than past prices, but not insanely inflated prices.

And I disagree with the statement about steel framed C&B revolvers will disappear completely. The market for these items/reproductions is too big for them to go the way of the dinosaurs. If I was a gunmaker with the problems that are facing the industry(supply, work force, shipping rates, ect.) I'd do what I could to try and fill the gaps with what I could too. Next year, maybe even at the end of this year, we'll see the supply of our beloved C&B revolvers, caps, black powder, projectiles, & ect. back to the levels they were before Quooties became a daily life thing....although at higher prices of course. ;)

Gun shows and their pricing is like everything else, things change overtime.

In the 1970's you could find some decent buys at a gun show, as you could at Pawn shops.

I quit going to them as they became, not fun. Why spend your money and be miserable?

Gun shows have changed dramatically over the years. For one, the activity in the parking lot and lobby was about equal to the show inside. That has all been made illegal, around here anyway. You could find stuff at the shows that wasn't available normally, this being before the internet of course. Biggest change is the addition of jewelry, jerky, reading glasses and shoe polish vendors. Camo, knives and ammo have always been around and are at least related, somewhat. Add the baby mommas pushing strollers, dragging cracker crunchers and it's gone down the drain...

i use to like to go to a gun show,,now everything is too high,,,,price guaging

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a gun show a ways away from me with a friend. The cheapest cap and ball revolver, a brass frame CVA 36 navy, loose and rattling-$375!! ONE tin of no. 10 caps- $35!! I saw three ruger old army’s- $800, $950,$1000!! Strangely enough, I snagged a unopened tin of rws musket caps for $10 a old fellow brought in to sell. Now the long guns , muzzleloaders that is, had fair enough prices. My friend got an new in box Thompson center Pennsylvania hunter for $400. Strange.
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I must admit that I have never been to a gun show. Never had any desire to attend. It seems like I am not missing anything.
I'll hit a small, local show every now and again. I visually sort through a lot of dreck and sometimes find a gem. Got a nice unmentionable Fox double last year very reasonably. But most often leave empty handed.

I am almost afraid to get my very expensive (?) C&B guns using very rare caps and expensive powder and shoot.
Oh well what the H E double tooth picks (family friendly) as pretty as they are to look at they are funner to shoot.
So I will shoot them I will, and those with out caps can eat their hearts out.
Bunk

i never seen a reasonable price at a gun show!!

Dont know where you are, but come to the American Diggers show in Chattanooga at the end of July... Look for the Purple Tables. Afterwards you won't be able to make tst statement anymore!

Economics 101, Supply and Demand.

It is not gauging when there is a limited supply and the demand exceeds the supply.

This too shall pass.
Not passing fast en
Dont know where you are, but come to the American Diggers show in Chattanooga at the end of July... Look for the Purple Tables. Afterwards you won't be able to make tst statement anymore!
then that would be the first!!

Back