Gun show prices

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Many guys sitting at tables at gun shows are blowhards. There, I said it!
I recall after the "Great Hilary Scare", things settled down and prices went back to normal. But society is so tense these days, gotta wonder if that will happen again.

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Retailers, regardless of what you sell need merchandise to sell to make a living. So one way to make money when new products are less available is to raise prices on inventory for those willing to pay. It is true whether selling guns or cars. During the last year demand has been high and inventories low.

Crow-Feather

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't keep black powder revolvers on my table. Anything that works and is priced less than $350 absolutely flies off the tables. Black powder revolvers are very very in demand right now and I don't get why.
They are not required to be registered, and they are a revolver. Then there is the Konversion cylinder.

sourdough

40 Cal
Reaction score
Black powder revolvers are very very in demand right now and I don't get why.
It's because Uberti and Pietta have been making only a few since the pandemic began, and folks are digging them (along with older revolvers that are no longer being manufactured) out of their safes and closets and getting many more $$$ for them than they could have imagined 18+ months ago. Supply and demand is the rule.

Regards,

Jim

Rifleman1776

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't keep black powder revolvers on my table. Anything that works and is priced less than $350 absolutely flies off the tables. Black powder revolvers are very very in demand right now and I don't get why.
A local gun shop has a special display case for bp revolvers. He calls it his "felons" department.

B P Arn

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This has been discussed before, but if anyone who cannot legally possess a firearm gets caught with one of these, they will be in for a big surprise if they think they can skirt the law by totin' a BP revo. Jest sayin'.

RayjHindle

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be gun shows were just that! A little bit of everything “gun” related under one roof. Now it’s mostly ARs, Glocks, and plastic crap. Don‘t get me wrong, there are always exceptions, like the Colt Collectors table here in Columbus. A couple of guys who will trade for anything, and the gun book seller, but that’s about it. The rest is pepper spray in designer cans, with, or without glitter and the “Tactical Whatever Guys”. I had never seen a “tactical” table cloth, placemats and napkins before! And camouflaged flatware!

Rabbit2047

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This has been discussed before, but if anyone who cannot legally possess a firearm gets caught with one of these, they will be in for a big surprise if they think they can skirt the law by totin' a BP revo. Jest sayin'.
You are incorrect....federally speaking....the state decides policy in regards to felons and black powder.

Source:

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
They are not required to be registered, and they are a revolver. Then there is the Konversion cylinder.
Buyers of the one for the ROA may be surprised to find they have to file down metal around the hole where the cylinder pin slips in. Then, the percussion cylinder will be too far forward if re-used. Little secret they don't tell in the sales pitch.

kh54

40 Cal
Reaction score
I picked up my first BP firearm four years ago at a small gun show. It was the only one there, a Zolli reproduction 1863 Remington musket (I hate calling them “Zouaves”). The dealer had it listed as a “Springfield musket” because of the stamping on the lock. I knew nothing at the time except that it wasn’t an original and wasn’t a Springfield. I paid $280 for the rifle, sword bayonet, and scabbard. Y’all know what these are selling for now. I’ve seen some on gunbroker asking $600 and more. (FWIW, I sold the Zolli about a year ago and replaced it with a Miroku 1863 Springfield. I made a little on the sale to cover the cost of the Miroku - $350. Yes, I know it was a deal.)

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up my first BP firearm four years ago at a small gun show. It was the only one there, a Zolli reproduction 1863 Remington musket (I hate calling them “Zouaves”). The dealer had it listed as a “Springfield musket” because of the stamping on the lock. I knew nothing at the time except that it wasn’t an original and wasn’t a Springfield. I paid $280 for the rifle, sword bayonet, and scabbard. Y’all know what these are selling for now. I’ve seen some on gunbroker asking $600 and more. (FWIW, I sold the Zolli about a year ago and replaced it with a Miroku 1863 Springfield. I made a little on the sale to cover the cost of the Miroku - $350. Yes, I know it was a deal.)
Good! Yeah, the "zouave" moniker was invented to market the modern repros. I'm a fan of the similar Mississippi M1841 muskets; have two repros; latest was $400. and unfired, missing ramrod. Refinished stock w/ BLO, stained, looks great!

Coot

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Missing nothing. At least around here, they might as well call them “Overpriced Jerky and Bad Chinese Knife Shows.” 🙄
Jay
A friend who is an antique gun dealer refers to most of the shows as just another "ammo cammo" show. To be fair, he omits black plastic pistols, beef jerkey, crystals & hot sauces. I can only vaguely remember buying a gun at a gun show but I have picked up a number of books.

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A friend who is an antique gun dealer refers to most of the shows as just another "ammo cammo" show. To be fair, he omits black plastic pistols, beef jerkey, crystals & hot sauces. I can only vaguely remember buying a gun at a gun show but I have picked up a number of books.
The antique dealers generally have the "blue blazer" type shows, keeping out the riff-raff! :)

Latest posts