• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gun show prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When was a pound of DuPont powder $2.10?
1622920202548.jpeg

I have a 1928 one pound can [empty] from Dupont, marked in grease pencil $1.25
I remember in 1962-1964 that same one pound can was $2.00. I seem to recall during that time that everything that cost 5-cents (candy bar, bottle of soda, etc.) all went to 10-cents. Seemed like it was over night.

In 1944 [I believe] milk was delivered to your door for 8 cents a quart. When it went to 10 cents dad said we'd have to find something else for breakfast.. Polecat

I remember in 1962-1964 that same one pound can was $2.00. I seem to recall during that time that everything that cost 5-cents (candy bar, bottle of soda, etc.) all went to 10-cents. Seemed like it was over night.
I had a local Liquor store that sold cans of 'no name' sodas at .10 cents a can. The sales tax started at .11cents, so they raised the price to .11cents plus .01 cent tax. I usually drank RC Cola, 16oz bottle for .14cents.

Biggest raise I ever got was when returned soda bottles went from 2 cents each too a Nickle, when I had spare time me and the dog would wander around the roads and collect them. Needless to say my expenditure of 22 shells went up a bit also.

Went to recent show and it was an eye opener. The former friendly nature of show goers and table sitters has been replaced by out right nastiness and suspicion. Theres a sense a fear about everyone.

Back