• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gun Show loot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to the local show this mornin in hopes of finding powder,caps,ball molds, etc.

Didnt find much. There was a few 1861 Enfields and others that Im unsure the makes cause Im not too familiar with the markings. All over 1k

Found a table that a Ol Timer had. He had a .45cal Markwell Arms barrel in rough shape for $20

Partial CVA .45cal kit Percussion gun. Barrel had more rust than I cared to deal with. Had the stock. Nothing else$40

CVA .45 Barrel with tang. Again rough shape $20

Unknown .45 barrel. Lettering in white stamped on barrel. Nonother markings that I recall

Unknown partial Kectucky stock/barrel in .45cal. Again rough shape.

I call all of these rough shape. It was mainly rust/pitting as there was no finish on the barrels. They probably would have cleaned up nice but I didnt feel like messing with them. Although I could wake up with a different mindset tomorow and go see if they are still there.

Same Ol timer had 2 Luman ingot molds for $5 each. I grabbed those.

Also had a Muzzleloade Builder Supply catalog for 5 bucks. I grabbed it thinking it was a building book 🤣🤣.

But the real treat was this range rod he had!!! From handle to rod end is 43" has a guide. Stainless. Think it take 8-32 fittings as 10 is too big to fit. He gave it to me so I dont feel bad buying that book lol.

No caps. No powder. No balls. Might get lucky next month at the nect show.

Attachments

• 20221210_130412.jpg
    20221210_130412.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 3
nice score. though i think i would have grabbed up those barrels, they are generally good shooters can be cut and rebreached to flint or cap with other style plugs
Yea its bugging me that I didnt get atleast one of them. I want to say one of the CVA .45 barrels was missing the breach. But the one with the stock (looked like a Hawken stock) was missing the "cleanout" screw on the drum.

For $40 bucks thats not a awful price for what ya get. Sure I would have to piece it together and build it. But heck that might be the most accurate rifle in the world 🤣

Yea its bugging me that I didnt get atleast one of them. I want to say one of the CVA .45 barrels was missing the breach. But the one with the stock (looked like a Hawken stock) was missing the "cleanout" screw on the drum.

For $40 bucks thats not a awful price for what ya get. Sure I would have to piece it together and build it. But heck that might be the most accurate rifle in the world 🤣
You did very well! Now go back buy those barrels, if nothing else they'll look good sitting in your shop!

Back