• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

gun show find - percussion long gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210728_173247.jpg

20210728_173209.jpg

20210728_173159.jpg

20210728_173152.jpg

20210728_173148.jpg

20210728_173123.jpg

Attachments

• 20210728_173248.jpg
    20210728_173248.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 49
and just when you think that you have seen it all??!! one never knows does one??

That is by far the best native-made lock from SEA I've ever seen, and the only bridled lock, though the tumbler does not have an internal trunnion. This is just more evidence of the workmanship of the maker - the barrel even has a hooked breech! FWIW, the lock and sideplate are probably made from available sheet steel, though they could have been made from knife blades. The trigger guard is much nicer looking than the usual strip of sheet brass or steel. Note, however, the use of ordinary hardware screws for the lock - good use of available materials. I bow to a mechanic.

mhb - MIke

That is by far the best native-made lock from SEA I've ever seen, and the only bridled lock, though the tumbler does not have an internal trunnion. This is just more evidence of the workmanship of the maker - the barrel even has a hooked breech! FWIW, the lock and sideplate are probably made from available sheet steel, though they could have been made from knife blades. The trigger guard is much nicer looking than the usual strip of sheet brass or steel. Note, however, the use of ordinary hardware screws for the lock - good use of available materials. I bow to a mechanic.

mhb - MIke

I, too, was rather impressed by what they made, given what I imagined they had to start and work with

hrt4me,

Pulled out my older computer and checked it's history and found a couple sites you may wish to visit on you tube that may show the relationship of your find and what they build. One is Konyak Naga, Chee life style and Bom Wang Vogs. I'll for warn you that they speak in their native language, there is a lot film on the operation of building, rifles, making powder and primers. Some of these builds are masterpieces in hand construction and some I wouldn't even use as a boat anchor. Hope this helps.

thank you, it did help, and I watched some very interesting videos

for one, I had never before even heard of this tribe, so that fascinated me in and of itself

Latest posts

Back