• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gun rack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you can't figure it out I suppose I can spell it out for you....

Nope can not do, it's not PC or HC, kind of like shooting marbles.

Not into cute or the new phrases today.

Do not text or the other things nor do I talk on my cell phone when driving.

might change out the 00 buck for some #9 birdshot,,#9 doesn't go through walls and get on the wrong person ,,and you are bound to get some of it on the bad guy,,,We used #4 for Armed Ramp Watch in the Navy,,,airplanes are expensive,,bad guys not so much!!!!!

LOL! I don't shoot marbles or talk on the phone while driving either, and as for the cute new phrase, I just kind of made that one up myself :grin:

I agree, a load of bird shot at close range ain't nothin' to be sneezing at, and I don't WANT to, but if I ever do have to shoot one of the low life sob's I want him good and dead real quick like.

Tests show that birdshot has insufficient penetration in many cases to cause a perp to be dead quickly.

000 buck seems acceptable.

Personally perhaps a load of 4's followed by two loads of 000 would be prudent.

I knew a guy at Customs who loaded what he called a candy cane in his shotgun, buckshot, 4s, buckshot, 4s, buckshot, 4s.

Buckshot was to take out car windows and 4s to take out folks.

Not PC/HC, but effective.

That's exactly why I keep 'er stoked with 00. Never take any chances that you don't need to.

Instead of using all of the above mentioned "gun, in house robbery deterrents" which entail close contact w/ the robber, why not install
"booby traps" that are "on duty" 24 hrs a day and eliminate one on one contact w/ the intruder?

Nobody knows the layout of his/her house as does the owner...so, let's get inventive. Some "booby traps" could be lethal, some would just maim the robber and some would just warn of a robber's presence which could then entail the use of "deadly force".

Of course, we don't anticipate using "booby traps" that would blow up the house....along w/ the guns. But a big, heavy safe might still do its job even if the house was gone.

I've got a few ideas for "booby traps", but would appreciate hearing of other ideas....Fred

MSW said:
my personal favorite is Charlton Heston's vault ... hope this link works:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ch...utube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6F-2TgxGNm4;1440;1080

now I really don't aspire to a gold plated M2 Heavy Barreled Flex 50 cal machine gun ... but think how it would just PI$$ OFF the local hippie dippies...

Sorry!..... :redface:

This is not Charleston Heston's gun vault or collection. This was floating around the web a couple years ago, stating that it was Mose's collection. ___ In reality, it is owned by some Arab Prince in Yeman. Just another Urban Legion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Booby traps, called set traps under the law are illegal in any jurisdiction.

This is a can of worms we don't want to open here. It will invite all kinds of unwanted scrutiny. :(

A "set trap" like a "set gun" is a self operating booby trap.

Once it is "tripped" by the movement of a wire, rope, an electronic sensor or any similar type of device, it does whatever it is designed to do, usually something that causes great harm to whatever or whoever activated it.

Set guns for instance will fire when the sensor is activated.
A set trap could explode, impale, drop an object, open a trap door or a lot of similar things.
The VC used a lot of them against our troops.

While set traps can be used to trap game animals they, and set guns have long been ruled to be illegal devices in the US when used against other humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back